Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Joe Gomez

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Klopp said couple weeks back he isn't going anywhere and is very much part of the plans so this is just re churned up rumours.

Gomez is definitely a target, and many reports confirm Liverpool are considering loaning him out. Equally the same sources confirm Klopp hasn't decided yet.
Excitable twitter "transfer rumour' accounts saying he's on his way are guff. But aren't they always.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Gomez is definitely a target, and many reports confirm Liverpool are considering loaning him out. Equally the same sources confirm Klopp hasn't decided yet.
Excitable twitter "transfer rumour' accounts saying he's on his way are guff. But aren't they always.

Agreed. Liverpool are certainly after a new left back with Milner playing there the majority of last season. When they buy a new left back, if Milner is back up this would mean Gomez would go out on loan. What better place than regular football with us. I wouldn't be surprised if he was our first choice left back ahead of Bong. That with covering the other defensive roles and being under 21, I'm sure he must be a target for us and many other prem sides.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
With Huddersfield, Bournemouth and WBA all being a first team player short in central defence, I cannot see this one going ahead?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Discussion down he pub says he can play defensive midfield (good) flatters to deceive (bad).
I'd go for Kjær.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8000461 said:
Unfortunately if Wagner wants him Klopp will send him to Uddersfield :(
Unless Wagner wants a different Liverpool loan ( like that goalie). He can only have 1 !!

Joshski

Mar 18, 2008
According to a Liverpool friend of mine Gomez is keen on signing on loan for us as Liverpool are planning on strengthening his position in their first team which will leave his chances of regularly starting limited. Would be a great signing for us, hopefully no one beats us to his signature.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I still like the fact that he was seen at the training ground on the 9th June. Taking a long time to sign isn't he. Are they teaching him to read and write first before he can sign?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Discussion down he pub says he can play defensive midfield (good) flatters to deceive (bad).
I'd go for Kjær.

Gomez- loan for the season, presumably on wages of about £30k a week

Kjaer- Valued at over £10 million, linked with Liverpool, Monaco, Milan and Roma, would be after at least £60k a week and a fat signing on fee.

Not exactly comparable are they, but then I don't really expect any kind of sense from any of your posts.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Gomez- loan for the season, presumably on wages of about £30k a week

Kjaer- Valued at over £10 million, linked with Liverpool, Monaco, Milan and Roma, would be after at least £60k a week and a fat signing on fee.

Not exactly comparable are they, but then I don't really expect any kind of sense from any of your posts.

I think £60k a week is conservative, could easily ask for £75k with those teams sniffing around,

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I think £60k a week is conservative, could easily ask for £75k with those teams sniffing around,

Very conservative, I suspect he is earning something around that figure already at Fener. The transfer fee is also a bit of an under-estimation, can see him going for the best part of £20 million...

Main point being that Gomez is versatile and would be bought in as a Tomori upgrade to fill in where required across the back four, Kjaer is an out-and-out centre back, bordering on 'world-class', would cost treble/quadruple our record signing and would more than likely be after double what our top earner is on. The theory that it could be 'one or the other' is actually insane.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here