Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joe Cole spotted at the Amex

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Well, he has left West Ham so is a free agent and has said this:

"At this stage of my career money isn't important to me, I just want to enjoy my football, I want to compete and I want to play more.
“I also want to move back into a more central position, go to the club where I have a good connection with the manager and I'd also like to help the younger players in the squad with my experience, if I can.”

If he's cheap he could still do a good job in the Championship, especially as the creative player at the front of the midfield trio (if the next manager sticks with a similar formation). Would be quite good to get him working with Solly March too

He wont be especially cheap, probably our top earner if he comes here, but like Bellamy did for Cardiff, it will be a massive boost to the younger players, and it will help recruit others of high calibre.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Please no...........
Knackered after 20 mins, and so slow.
It's a joke, tell me this is a wind up.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Maybe wishful thinking but when interviewed this morning he said he is leaving West Ham and at 32 years old all he wants is to play in the centre of midfield for an ambitious club and perhaps help the young players. He doesnt want to move so it will have to be a club within easy travelling and wages are not an important factor. We seem to fit the bill perfectly.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
*wonders how long before 'pay as you play contract' is mentioned*

:lolol:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Please no...........
Knackered after 20 mins, and so slow.
It's a joke, tell me this is a wind up.

It's rather magnificent to think that our super-creative midfield, with its faultless passing, wouldn't be improved by one of the best players of his generation in that position. What could Joe Cole's football brain possibly offer us or our young players?

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
It's rather magnificent to think that our super-creative midfield, with its faultless passing, wouldn't be improved by one of the best players of his generation in that position. What could Joe Cole's football brain possibly offer us or our young players?

Since when was Joe Cole one of the best players of his generation? Cole never really matched all the hype he got when he was a young teenager living in Camden.

With hindsight, Cole turned out to be a massive failure. Similar to Nani of United.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Since when was Joe Cole one of the best players of his generation? Cole never really matched all the hype he got when he was a young teenager living in Camden.

With hindsight, Cole turned out to be a massive failure. Similar to Nani of United.

Cole was a very good player, injuries plagued his career

Nani has always been shit

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Classic case of the truth being served by re-writing history.

Based on watching him play I would take Cole to replace Andrea in central midfield in a heartbeat :thumbsup:

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013

Let's hope we don't end up with Nani as well then!:)

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Just been speaking to a work colleague WHU fan. They were in corporate at WH last home game, and evidently Joe Cole said directly to her:
"I think i'll be going to Brighton"

Don't shoot the messenger. Of course this might have been pending whether we got promoted...
If it's wrong though, I might just shoot her!

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Classic case of the truth being served by re-writing history.

Based on watching him play I would take Cole to replace Andrea in central midfield in a heartbeat :thumbsup:

I'd take neither.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here