• Calling it for Biden

Votes: 180 69.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I was contemplating it, but wondering how much merit there will be in pulling an all-nighter.

Sounds like CNN is for you.

Thanks.

One of the earliest announcers is Florida - if that goes blue, most commentators suggest those of us who want a President Biden can go ahead and get some sleep. If not, could be a long night...

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Barricades are being built around the White House.

And buildings in DC & other cities being boarded up for fears of violence.

This really could be the most dramatic & insane election ever. Emotions have been bubbling under the surface for months, and you get the feeling they're gonna explode very soon.

I really hope it doesn't escalate into full on civil war on the streets with rioting etc though. Would be incredibly sad to see.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
rEd WAve iS cOmINg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
And buildings in DC & other cities being boarded up for fears of violence.

This really could be the most dramatic & insane election ever. Emotions have been bubbling under the surface for months, and you get the feeling they're gonna explode very soon.

I really hope it doesn't escalate into full on civil war on the streets with rioting etc though. Would be incredibly sad to see.

If Biden wins, Trump still has the button in the White House. I just hope the staff have hidden the keys.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
If this was an ordinary election, Biden walks it. I still think he will win, but I expect Trump to do almost anything to try and steal it.

He and his family and closest allies are desperate. The White House is his sanctuary. If he gets kicked out after one term Julius Caesar’s injuries will be but mere flesh wounds to the backstabbing Trump’ll suffer.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Thanks.

One of the earliest announcers is Florida - if that goes blue, most commentators suggest those of us who want a President Biden can go ahead and get some sleep. If not, could be a long night...

Biden will win with just Pennsylvania 20 votes, Michigan 16 and Wisconsin with 10 providing he doesn't lose any 2016 States. 7%, 8% and 10% respective Biden leads in these States. With a poll margin of error at 4% he wins them all and can give Trump Nevada 6 votes as a present.

The worry is the Pennsylvania vote will take a few days......................

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Jury's out on which is best for the UK.

Trump is being half British himself and has business interests in the UK, he has a natural affinity for the country that Joe Biden does not. His administration has also made a free trade agreement with Britain a priority.

Biden, on the other hand, has made it clear that he would “have preferred a different outcome” to Brexit, and recently weighed in saying that if the UK exercised its powers in the Internal Market Bill — which is necessary for a true Brexit — there would be no free trade agreement between the two countries.

As the UK government pursues its plan for a global Britain, a second Trump White House would be a warm ally ready to build a stronger Anglo-American alliance to lead the free world and face its adversaries in the twenty-first century. Biden, in contrast, would seek to establish closer ties and a free trade agreement with the larger EU first.

I just dunno what to think anymore :shrug:

Trump is being half British himself and has business interests in the UK, he has a natural affinity for the country that Joe Biden does not. His administration has also made a free trade agreement with Britain a priority.

Biden, on the other hand, has made it clear that he would “have preferred a different outcome” to Brexit, and recently weighed in saying that if the UK exercised its powers in the Internal Market Bill — which is necessary for a true Brexit — there would be no free trade agreement between the two countries.

As the UK government pursues its plan for a global Britain, a second Trump White House would be a warm ally ready to build a stronger Anglo-American alliance to lead the free world and face its adversaries in the twenty-first century. Biden, in contrast, would seek to establish closer ties and a free trade agreement with the larger EU first.

People keep missing the point that a free trade agreement is not in the Presidents gift. It would require congress approval and therein lies the real issue - the Democrats are extremely unlikely to support it.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You can get Sleepy Joe for 1.63 on the exchanges. That is crazy, given his national ratings and even though it may be closer in some swing states, his implied chance would be more like 85-90% (more like 1.1-1.15 on exchanges.

Fill. Your. Boots.

Funnily enough, I checked the Betfair odds a short while ago and was surprised to see that Biden had lengthened a bit.

I've just got this horrible feeling that it won't play out as most of us (well, the sane and rational) ones would like to think.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither

Without turning this into a binfest - whatever you think about Brexit - Trump is not a warm ally to anyone but himself. We have seen enough to know he just wants people to bow down for him - before he boots them up the metaphoric arse. That is unless you have compromat on him - in which case he is a poodle.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

It's a strange parallel World that you live in.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Quite amusing that Biden could ever be seen as the lesser of two evils. Similar to the last UK election really, choosing the lesser of two evils instead of a truly electable leader.

I do have a feeling Trump might win, I think there is going to be massive civil unrest across the US no matter what the result

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

:lol:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Tried to have a bet (accumulator) on getting all 50 States correct but can't find anyone to take the bet.

Any suggestions.....

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Quite amusing that Biden could ever be seen as the lesser of two evils. Similar to the last UK election really, choosing the lesser of two evils instead of a truly electable leader.

After four years though - the US knows how big an evil Trump is. It would be be like holding the last UK election now when we have seen how Johnson has performed. It goes to show how poor Corbyn is/was - he would still be a terrible option.

I think Biden seems a decent man, He is no Jeremy Corbyn.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
After four years though - the US knows how big an evil Trump is. It would be be like holding the last UK election now when we have seen how Johnson has performed. It goes to show how poor Corbyn is/was - he would still be a terrible option.

I think Biden seems a decent man, He is no Jeremy Corbyn.

Debatable. Biden should win but the fact it’s still being debated at this late stage shows what a divide there is in America and the fact the democratic candidate is weak. If they’d chosen a better candidate this would have been an absolute cakewalk IMO, Trumps position seems untenable yet I genuinely believe he could still win.

Biden hasn’t exactly helped himself during the election campaign either, he’s come across as a bit of a bumbling fool at times, most of his campaign work seems to have been done by celebrities and Obama.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here