Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joao Carlos Teixeira

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Didn't Naylor dismiss the Zamora rumour? He is not part of the club and he is NOT all knowing, they would only tell him when they are ready. This will be when it is common knowledge, what was his last exclusive revelation about a player?

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't pretty well all spot on rumours appear here before Naylor is allowed to breathe a word?

I was trying to be sarcastic...

mxs_harrow

Jan 20, 2009
HA5
Of course. So many variables and considerations.

Logically, it must look like KLL is on his way on the basis of the last transfer window and apparent attitude (see sending off).

Elvis sounds like he's on his way. Perhaps freeing wages up or cost cutting.

Stephens I just don't know, he is pivotal, but if we were offered £10m would we take it?

Towel/Ince must be getting frustrated as they seem reasonable players, but would loaning them out weaken us too much depth wise?

So many questions and no answers, but as you say I do think we need to make it this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's all about maintaining squad depth and togetherness during the second half of the season, rotating the squad when required, covering injuries and suspensions etc..

Ince may be otherwise engaged in February and Towell will definitely be needed soon in the matchday 18 as well as the FA Cup, as will one or two of the Under-23s.

Tony Bloom has stood his ground and held his nerve with Dale Stephens/Burnley in the last transfer window and will continue to do so in the January window as £6-8 million is a small wager on the Premier league riches on offer.

Lua Lua and Manu may go, but even Lua Lua may be needed. Another backup striker and a No 10 (Tex) will also be required. We haven't seen the best of a returning Solly March with significant first team games under his belt yet and someone like Murray or Baldock could get injured..

Tex will fit in with the team culture here, knows the place ( hence unlikely to go missing en route on the M25 ) , will have the incentive of aiming to reach the Premier League and will be a cheaper loan/buy than alternatives in the over-inflated January market.

We struggled through to the end of the 2014/15 season after his injury in the Huddersfield(?) game. Short of games, but a Checkatrade fixture and the FA Cup would get him up to speed for the matchday 18 quickly.

With the last set of financial results and FFP constraints, it is unlikely we can spend too much money in January, certainly not on Jordan Rhodes and the like.

Last edited:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It's all about maintaining squad depth and togetherness during the second half of the season, rotating the squad when required, covering injuries and suspensions etc..

Ince may be otherwise engaged in February and Towell will definitely be needed soon in the matchday 18 as well as the FA Cup, as will one or two of the Under-23s.

Tony Bloom has stood his ground and held his nerve with Dale Stephens/Burnley in the last transfer window and will continue to do so in the January window as £6-8 million is a small wager on the Premier league riches on offer.

Lua Lua and Manu may go, but even Lua Lua may be needed. Another backup striker and a No 10 (Tex) will also be required. We haven't seen the best of a returning Solly March with significant first team games under his belt yet and someone like Murray or Baldock could get injured..

Tex will fit in with the team culture here, knows the place ( hence unlikely to go missing en route on the M25 ) , will have the incentive of aiming to reach the Premier League and will be a cheaper loan/buy than alternatives in the over-inflated January market.

We struggled through to the end of the 2014/15 season after his injury in the Huddersfield(?) game. Short of games, but a Checkatrade fixture and the FA Cup would get him up to speed for the matchday 18 quickly.

With the last set of financial results and FFP constraints, it is unlikely we can spend too much money in January, certainly not on Jordan Rhodes and the like.

Yes agree with most of that.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Yup, good post. Think Tex (if it's true) is an 'extra' recruit, not the only cover/competition for Baldock. Squad-strengthening addition and gives us a slightly different attacking option. Seem to recall he enjoyed his previous time here - lots of happy tweets/instagram pics with team-mates etc.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
No thanks, average at best

Really ? I guess Liverpool and Porto clearly never saw anything in him....

They both made the same mistake then, maybe average for them....

But I saw enough in him that showed he could mature in to a very very good player but what do I know I'm an average Joe in a dead end job looking forward to death.

Happy Christmas everyone...

The Christmas cheer is out there somewhere, just not on here tonight.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Nowhere near good enough for a club in our position.

Would be, like Kaz has been, behind all four wingers in the pecking order.
Oh and he's a complete luxury player too: which goes against our ethos.

He stood out in Sami's hapless bunch of goons, but then we were 22nd.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Nowhere near good enough for a club in our position.

Would be, like Kaz has been, behind all four wingers in the pecking order.
Oh and he's a complete luxury player too: which goes against our ethos.

He stood out in Sami's hapless bunch of goons, but then we were 22nd.

VMT ^^^^^^

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here