Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joao Carlos Teixara in on loan

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Warren Aspinall must be sh*tting himself!!

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Creativity looks good and welcome, we've been lacking that due to the absence of Orlandi. However, like Lingard, looks as though he'll be too skinny for the Championship's known physical style.

Good luck to the lad, Lingard got better and better for us as he played so i can only hope Teixara will mirror that.

Shankly

Aug 15, 2014
Hello you guys, Liverpool fan here just thought i would pop in to let you lot know more about Joao Teixeira.

First of all i'm a bit surprised to see so much apprehension in regards to this signing, although i do understand the concept of loaning players from big pl clubs can be bittersweet.

At the same time, i expected Joao to go on loan to a team in the top division, whether that be here or abroad, so i was a bit surprised to see the news of him going on loan to Brighton and even more surprised to see some of the reactions on here.

To address some of the concerns about him. The main reason why Joao has only had limited amount of first team experience is because when we originally signed him from Sporting Lisbon, he had a back problem that had plagued him for a couple years. Its the same back problem that would see him miss a year from football, during the first year at this club, but such was his talent that the club still decided to persist with signing him and nursing him back to rehabilitation.

Since hes been playing though he has only got better, and shown what a big talent he is. Yes he didn't have a great time on loan at Brentford last season, but i think what is more telling that he actually made his first team appearance for Liverpool after that loan period, a bit ironic that he couldn't cut it in the league 1, but when at the most testing time of the season last year, Rodgers was ready to throw him against Pl opposition.

I think thats a testament not only to his ability, but also to the fact that he actually improved after his poor loan spell with Brentford, and kicked on to the point he was too good for reserve football.

To be honest, if he does play to his full potential i can't see there being many better talents in the Championship than Joao, he really is another one of those gifted diminutive iberian playmakers, but he isn't easily bullied or out muscled either, he has great balance and core strength to go with his technical ability.

I think as he plays more, you lads will see just what a talent he is, the comments about him being the best u21 player outside the first team is true, and if it wasn't for the vast amount of potential world beaters playing in his position, (Sterling, Coutinho, Markovic, Suso) etc, he would have already made a bigger mark on the first team.

Even if he doesn't succeed at Liverpool, the lad is destined for a CL team in the near future imo, thats if he continues to keep his head down and has better luck with injuries, i think you lot will see just what i mean the more you get to see of him.

Last edited:

Shankly

Aug 15, 2014
Also wish you the best of luck in your coming season, hopefully Joao and Sam willi help you to a promotion, i'll be rooting for you.:albion2:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Thanks for that Shankly, a lot of the miserable bustards on here wouldn't want Messi, too small, Ronaldo, too flash, and Yaya, too big, so ignore them. Good luck for the season, and thrash Palace home and away please 9-0 again would be good

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Thanks for the input fella. I will judge for myself though if he has kicked on from Brentford last season. Playing reserve football is completely different from playing competitive football in the Championship.
Why are you surprised he has come here and not gone to a big club? He did nothing at Brentford. At least someone like Bamford made a name for himself and he is younger. I just think you lot are over cooking a player simply because he is on your books.
I'm surprised he has only made 3 brief sub appearances for a 1 million pound player who is 21 already.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Apart from the 6 months and the bull*hit griping

Was about to say the same thing. Why would you listen to someone who doesn't even know how long the actual loan is? Ignoring that, we have a Liverpool fan who really rates him and know about him yet people listen to idiots on here. I'm pissed off with what's happened this week but this seems to be a really good signing.

Shankly

Aug 15, 2014
Thanks for the input fella. I will judge for myself though if he has kicked on from Brentford last season. Playing reserve football is completely different from playing competitive football in the Championship.
Why are you surprised he has come here and not gone to a big club? He did nothing at Brentford. At least someone like Bamford made a name for himself and he is younger. I just think you lot are over cooking a player simply because he is on your books.
I'm surprised he has only made 3 brief sub appearances for a 1 million pound player who is 21 already.

I was surprised cause i thought he could easily get a loan to a top team in say the Portugese or French leagues, he hasn't had a lot of first team experience but at the same time, he was on the bench for most of our games in the title run in last season and when called upon against Fulham didn't disappoint.

I don't think its necessarily fair to look at Brentford in isolation, to give you an example, last year when we were offering Jon Flannagan out to clubs in the Championship no one wanted to take him, a couple months down the line he is starring week in week out in our first team, these loans sometimes do not work for young players, especially if the club doesn't play the style of football which suits them.

Championship is of better quality and i expect Brighton to play better football than Brentford, so that may see him fit in better.

Not overrating him either, he was one of the standout players in Lisbon who produced some of the better players in Portugal, he has only ever been highly rated, he is also one of the standout players in our u21s, that may look like nothing to you, but a lot of those lads playing for our u21s will make good careers in the championship.

To use an another example, Coady had a great time on loan to Sheffield United, yet you would find it rare to see a Liverpool fan who has seen both play, who would rate Coady higher.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Was about to say the same thing. Why would you listen to someone who doesn't even know how long the actual loan is? Ignoring that, we have a Liverpool fan who really rates him and know about him yet people listen to idiots on here. I'm pissed off with what's happened this week but this seems to be a really good signing.

Exactly. I posted earlier on the thread about the call I got from my mate from Liverpool. Glowing reference from a proper fan who won't just spew crap just because the guy is a Liverpool player.

I trust his view 1000 per cent. Looking forward to seeing him

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
I think as he plays more, you lads will see just what a talent he is, the comments about him being the best u21 player outside the first team is true, and if it wasn't for the vast amount of potential world beaters playing in his position, (Sterling, Coutinho, Markovic, Suso) etc, he would have already made a bigger mark on the first team.

Markovic has only just joined. And Suso, seriously? (Sterling will never be a world better if we're honest)
Still, cheers.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I was surprised cause i thought he could easily get a loan to a top team in say the Portugese or French leagues, he hasn't had a lot of first team experience but at the same time, he was on the bench for most of our games in the title run in last season and when called upon against Fulham didn't disappoint.

I don't think its necessarily fair to look at Brentford in isolation, to give you an example, last year when we were offering Jon Flannagan out to clubs in the Championship no one wanted to take him, a couple months down the line he is starring week in week out in our first team, these loans sometimes do not work for young players, especially if the club doesn't play the style of football which suits them.

Championship is of better quality and i expect Brighton to play better football than Brentford, so that may see him fit in better.

Not overrating him either, he was one of the standout players in Lisbon who produced some of the better players in Portugal, he has only ever been highly rated, he is also one of the standout players in our u21s, that may look like nothing to you, but a lot of those lads playing for our u21s will make good careers in the championship.

To use an another example, Coady had a great time on loan to Sheffield United, yet you would find it rare to see a Liverpool fan who has seen both play, who would rate Coady higher.

Thing is mate Uwe Rösler plays very good attacking football and so i would be surprised if that style didn't suit this lad. I hope he does do well believe me. You need to understand it from some of us. We have cashed in most of our best players and hadn't replaced them. We then snap up a player who has hardly kicked a ball. Some people are a bit pissed off myself included.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
First of all i'm a bit surprised to see so much apprehension in regards to this

I think this reaction is more about the current apprehension regarding our squad rebuilding in general than the player himself. Two years ago the reaction would have been 20 pages of 'Flair!'

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

You have already reached a conclusion though, haven't you, without even having seen him play. :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here