Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Jimmy Carr

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Sorry, couldn't remember so had to go and find it. It's called How I Escaped My Certain Fate. It's got bits about his childhood and family but most explains how he creates the tour that he was working on.

thank you :D

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
No, I don’t think that at all. And besides who made you Comedy God to determine what makes people laugh? Some people think bad language is a step too far in a joke. I disagree, it makes the punchline in many instances. Just let people laugh at what they want to and stop policing and judging people for a 5 second laugh. I never liked Bernard Manning or Roy Chubby bit plenty others did. Not for me to tell them what to laugh at and not should it be yours or anyone else’s.

I read recently how back in the 70s Monty Python were invited to Germany to perform in a show and when they had a couple of spare days their “minders” drove them about to various places of interest.

During one of these spare days they were taken to Dachau. When they got to the entrance the staff advised one of the minders that it was closed to visitors.

When this was explained to the Pythons, Graham Chapman responded……….”tell them we are Jewish”.

True story apparently……..but funnier in the 70s no doubt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here