Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Jill Scott

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Just like White, she is a bit past her peak... but I think England could miss their experience in the World Cup next year. Need that grit and experience to deal with US and Canada.

Loved it when the German fouled her and she shouted '*** off, you ******' :lolol:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Retired from football today, a magnificent servant for club and country and part of the side who ended 56 years of hurt and bought England their first major title since 1966. The football family will be much poorer for her retirement but she leaves it as an England legend.

Well done Gill. Didn't know who she was till I Googled it, but now I do, she did a fine job. I did watch the second half and extra time of the Final, but the names didn't really stick.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Thanks Jill; an England legend.

With her experience, and the respect in which she is held throughout the game, it would be a travesty if she didn't move into some kind of coaching / managerial role. But I wish her well in whatever she decides to do in the future.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Absolutely incredible career, 16 years in the national side, won everything domestically and capped off her career in style. And the rarity of being awarded an MBE for services to football while still an active player before winning a major international trophy. Any player who makes it to four World Cups is a bit special (although nothing compared to Formiga who somehow played in 7 for Brazil?!)

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Am l the only poster in here who has never heard of Gil Scott Herron, but HAS heard of Jill Scott? ???

Am I the only person on here who has not only heard of Gil Scott-Heron and both Jill Scotts but have seen two of them live? I've not seen the American JS live but do have one of her albums

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I had the pleasure of attending the Euros match in which our Lionesses mauled Norway. Scott was brought on late, whilst her teammates thoroughly enjoyed their lap of honour Jill did a thorough warm down in the middle of the pitch. That really caught my attention, a perfect example of professionalism and role model for the younger girls.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Wonderful woman. Owns the coffee shop at the end of our street. She is so downtown earth. In there serving customers behind the counter most days. We started going regularly through covid when she had just opened up and Mrs Junior was on maternity leave. In fact my daughter was the first baby customer in the place and Jill always recognises us and reminds us of Ruby's claim to fame.

It's all gone a bit 'can I get a photo?' since the euros and full of 'shirts', but hopefully it'll die down again soon.

Sad to see the end of an era for her, but knowing Jill she'll have something under her apron.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here