Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

jihadi john dead?

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Very disappointed if he's dead.

I would rather him have faced justice, and then spent the rest of his days in solitary confinement to contemplate his actions.

A swift and painless death was the easy way out.

So you would have rather paid thousands, if not millions of pounds just so he could spend time in prison? Im glad he is scattered over the desert floor, less money for me to have to fork out.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
"The Desert Fox" for one Erwin Rommel, who captured my Dad at Tobruk. Who wrote in his diary, 'I saw several acts of compassion and none of the snarling Nazis we had been led to expect. As I was being led away a commander called out to me from the top of his tank. "For you the War is finished" (sic). Thank God you have got away alive". ' It didn't last though once he was a POW in Germany.

My dad was with the Northumberland Fusiliers at Tobruk, and managed to get captured there twice somehow. As I understand it, he was captured when the AK first captured the place, released when the British counter attacked, and then captured again when the Germans came back again.

As for JJ good riddance to bad rubbish, although I tend to agree that giving him nickname made him something more than he actually was in the grand scheme of things, but does make it feel like a 'victory' killing a single individual. I would guess that hundreds of them have been killed in the latest battle. Unnamed but most likely as dangerous as this ****.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
So you would have rather paid thousands, if not millions of pounds just so he could spend time in prison? Im glad he is scattered over the desert floor, less money for me to have to fork out.

You know the thing that worries me the most about this killing is the use of drones to do it. The reason for saying this is because these terrorist organisations tend to for maximum effect copy what they perceive to be the sins of the Western Nations. For instance when beheading their victims they have them in orange boiler suit type outfits to mimic the captives in Guantanamo Bay.

How long will it be before they start using drones to commit their crimes. This could be horrific. They could actually bring down planes from the sky from anywhere in the world if they begin using drones

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
On a more upbeat note. Wouldn't it be sooooo KOOOOLLLIO to let the families of soldiers maimed, journalists beheaded and Gays crucied and castrated have a go on their smartphones to pilot a drone as it hovers over a convoy of IS technicals, a Toyota Hi-lux with a fifty cal mounted on a scaffold pole say, and someone at GCHQ says, "she's all yours madam,,get the beardies in your crosswires and Fire when ready."

Whooooooooooshhhhh

BANG

Paddy power could open a book on how many low lives get smoked on every go. I'd pay good money to see that.

People owned slaughter... we're all in it together after all. Seems bit unfair that some spotty youth on the minimum wage gets to ping an extremist when honest Christian folks like me...WHO PAY THERE WAGES has to exist on call of duty for my murderous ambitions.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
You know the thing that worries me the most about this killing is the use of drones to do it. The reason for saying this is because these terrorist organisations tend to for maximum effect copy what they perceive to be the sins of the Western Nations. For instance when beheading their victims they have them in orange boiler suit type outfits to mimic the captives in Guantanamo Bay.

How long will it be before they start using drones to commit their crimes. This could be horrific. They could actually bring down planes from the sky from anywhere in the world if they begin using drones

Whilst this may be true, it is hardly a reason to stop such methods, surely. By this logic, we do not use guns, grenades, mortars, planes and anything else, or the terrorists would copy it. Yes, they may get hold of a drone, though this is unlikely, but this possibility should not deter us, or we end up handing them the initiative.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Whilst this may be true, it is hardly a reason to stop such methods, surely. By this logic, we do not use guns, grenades, mortars, planes and anything else, or the terrorists would copy it. Yes, they may get hold of a drone, though this is unlikely, but this possibility should not deter us, or we end up handing them the initiative.

I am not saying we should stop it. It just makes me think. I hope I am not on the first plane they choose to bring down with a drone

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
And it is not that unlikely that they get drones. ISIS are extremely wealthy. They could even build them themselves

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
And it is not that unlikely that they get drones. ISIS are extremely wealthy. They could even build them themselves
Isn't that's all a bit ' 24:Live Another Day ' ?

Unless ISIS have satellites to control their drones, arn't the ones they could use just slow surface to air missiles in effect ?

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

I am sure you are right in that they do get lots of cash, by fair means or foul, but I don't think that this is realistic. Do they manufacture their own tanks, planes etc?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here