Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

jihadi john dead?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Erm, I thought we were talking about people in combat?

Can you name me any Nazi soldiers who received nicknames from the British press?

Wasn't Manfred von Richthofen given the name of the Red Baron because he had shot down lots of British Aircraft ?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
One of my first thoughts was linking this with yesterday's death penalty thread.

I'm wholly against such a sentence and yet am quite happy with this, although on certain basic levels they are one of the same.

'You've killed so the state will kill you'.
It's nothing like the same, it's completely different. A death sentence on a person who is in custody is not necessary for the safety of others. They killed someone who was at war with them, and continuing to pose a threat to members of the public.

Jan 30, 2008
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34805924

US forces have carried out an air strike targeting the Islamic State group militant "Jihadi John", with a "high degree of certainty" he was hit.

Mohammed Emwazi, the Kuwaiti-born British militant, appeared in videos of the beheadings of Western hostages.

It is believed there was at least one other person in the vehicle targeted in the attack near Raqqa, in Syria.

The UK government said it was "working hand in glove with the Americans" to "hunt down those murdering hostages".

A US official told the BBC Emwazi had been "tracked carefully over a period of time".

Who is Mohammed Emwazi?

'Jihadi John' movement mapped

Emwazi 'claimed harassment'

A drone was used in the attack, according to a US official quoted by the Associated Press news agency.

The Pentagon said it was assessing the operation and would provide additional information "as and where appropriate".

Prime Minister David Cameron is due to make a statement later on Friday.

"The prime minister has said before that tracking down these brutal murderers was a top priority," a spokesperson said.

glad he is dead but there is a part of me that wishes he could have been put away for the rest of his life with Charles Bronson or someone. if its confirmed that is.
Someone should have cut his head , more of a concern about how manyof these pieces of shit are in this country
regards
DR

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
One of my first thoughts was linking this with yesterday's death penalty thread.

I'm wholly against such a sentence and yet am quite happy with this, although on certain basic levels they are one of the same.

'You've killed so the state will kill you'.

On that principle this is worse as it least the sentence is handed down after a trial.
But once again if the news is true, I agree with the action taken.

If we assume Jihadi John IS dead then isn't the key point that he was killed in a combat zone whilst fighting for ISIS?

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Erm, I thought we were talking about people in combat?

Can you name me any Nazi soldiers who received nicknames from the British press?

"The Desert Fox" for one Erwin Rommel, who captured my Dad at Tobruk. Who wrote in his diary, 'I saw several acts of compassion and none of the snarling Nazis we had been led to expect. As I was being led away a commander called out to me from the top of his tank. "For you the War is finished" (sic). Thank God you have got away alive". ' It didn't last though once he was a POW in Germany.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Absolutely this.

I agree with the original point [MENTION=30847]Megazone[/MENTION] was (I think) trying to make. That piece of filths name was Mohammed Emwazi, so whats wrong with just referring to him as exactly that ? "Jihadi John" is a ridiculously pointless tabloid nickname that irritates me every time I hear it. Why "John" ?? Oh right, cos it begins with J, and so does the word Jihadi - yeah, brilliant. *slow clap*. Well done to the hack who first coined that one.

He's not a wild west villain, he's not a film character. He's a cowardly piece of vermin who's reputation and status was elevated far beyond his station by getting his very own nonsensical nickname given to him by a media only too eager to further dramatise the vile atrocities he commited. "Watch out for Jihadi John!!". Pathetic.

Mohammed Emwazi is now nothing more a puddle of rotting offal scattered across a hundred sq yards or so of Syrian desert. That's how he should be remembered. We can drop the silly nickname now, surely.

That's an offal thing to put on here.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
If he's dead then good. It's the odd thing about jihadi "martyrs" there seems to be more and more of them, but at the same time, less and less.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here