Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jigsaws

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Does anyone BETWEEN the ages of 6 - 60, do jigsaws?

We, the Stat's, like a good traditional game, and have got into the habit of post lunch game time.

As where approaching the end of the hols I thought a decent jigsaw will see us through.

Off we trot to WH Smiths.
Other than 2 piece Palace puzzlers or 1000 piece sickly grandma pictures, there was nothing on offer.

Surely people still do jigsaws, don't they?

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Got through a load of jigsaw puzzles whilst on Jury Service for 10 weeks. Don't know about where would sell new ones though, only notice them in Charity Shop windows

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I f***ing love a good jigsaw, is there a better feeling that when you slot that final piece in to finish it off??

Jigsaws!!!!!!!!!

Aug 23, 2011
i love a good jigsaw, i'm even sad enough to have my own mat for storing them so i don't take up the dining room table for days. WH Smith used to sell them and i'm pretty sure bookshops like waterstones/borders sell them. I quite like the Wasgij - reverse jigsaw ones where teh picture on teh box is only a clue to the final picture. You can alos pick them up cheap off ebay, i got 3 or 4 puzzles for less than £10 for all of them.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
i'd agree with charity shops being your best bet, plus you have the added thrill of not knowing if all the pieces are there until you finish!

i used to do those puzz3D things, tajmahal was my favorite one! found the new york skyline one on offer when i was up in scotland 12 years ago but wouldnt fit in the car to get home. Biggest regret ever, probably worth a fortune now :(

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I guess it's one of the draw backs going to WH Smith in Worthing.
There were 3 shelves of jigsaws, and I'd say 95% of them were in this genre:-

19271.jpg

Hence coming away with a cloned Jenga game.

mlg57

Oct 20, 2006
Milton Keynes
I love a tradition 1000 piece jigsaw and even like the new JCL's. In that I mean the 3d jigsaws, quite challenging and the WASGIJ, yup that's as it sounds a backwards jigsaw, where the jigsaw itself is not the image on the box. The image is just a clue to what the puzzle is about ... great fun.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here