Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JFC to MkDons...

No one will take Holla on his wages, so for now a loan out, or pay him some cash to leave, are the only options.

Sadly he won't make it at the albion.

Was a bad signing error. Was probably a very good player in his time but what we saw was a shadow who can barely move. Why should he accept a loan when he kniows his days are up in football in all probability? We will have bite the bullet and pay him off, do it now and he may accept something less than his due for an early release.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
All the talk about Holla being rubbish is ridiculously harsh based on last season, when we threw an unfit player straight into a struggling team and then expected far too much from him. He's a good quality player, but he hasn't had the chance to play in anything other than a rubbish Brighton team. Maybe he's not done enough in training to suggest he deserves a chance, but maybe it's just the inflexibility of Chris Hughton to only want to play with Stephens and Kayal, justifiably on the evidence of the season - but nothing suggests Holla is rubbish. He should be our third choice central midfielder, ahead of Crofts for me.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
All the talk about Holla being rubbish is ridiculously harsh based on last season, when we threw an unfit player straight into a struggling team and then expected far too much from him. He's a good quality player, but he hasn't had the chance to play in anything other than a rubbish Brighton team. Maybe he's not done enough in training to suggest he deserves a chance, but maybe it's just the inflexibility of Chris Hughton to only want to play with Stephens and Kayal, justifiably on the evidence of the season - but nothing suggests Holla is rubbish. He should be our third choice central midfielder, ahead of Crofts for me.

U21 games, League Cup and tomorrow should dictate the chances he has had and how he has performed.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
- but nothing suggests Holla is rubbish.

True - but nothing suggests he's any good either - we've hardly seen him to have an opinion one way or another. However, our (extremely good and capable) manager, who has worked miracles in the last 12 months, sees him all the time in training and clearly doesn't appear to want him in the team unless absolutely the last resort.
I'll go with CH's judgement on this one ........................

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
U21 games, League Cup and tomorrow should dictate the chances he has had and how he has performed.

I'm not sure how fair any of that is when it comes to honestly measuring his ability. I don't think we're ever to going to see him at his best, the signing of Kayal ruined his chances here and it just hasn't worked out because Kayal is remarkably good. Chris Hughton has never been a rotation kind of manager so in reality, Holla (along with JFC and Ince) have been waiting for an injury or a loss or form, which hasn't happened. I think it's a shame it hasn't worked out better for Holla, his set pieces could have been crucial but sometimes these things happen.

True - but nothing suggests he's any good either - we've hardly seen him to have an opinion one way or another. However, our (extremely good and capable) manager, who has worked miracles in the last 12 months, sees him all the time in training and clearly doesn't appear to want him in the team unless absolutely the last resort.
I'll go with CH's judgement on this one ........................

Well, say whatever you want about the top flight in Holland - but you can't say anybody plays as many games as Holla did at that level. in a competitive team as well, there's obviously a player there - it just isn't happening because there are better players in front of him and how easy is it for your 6th choice central midfielder to break into the team? Just a signing which didn't work out in the end, but I don't think he's a bad player based on what we've had the opportunity to see. Not bad when you think back to a few years ago.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm not sure how fair any of that is when it comes to honestly measuring his ability. I don't think we're ever to going to see him at his best, the signing of Kayal ruined his chances here and it just hasn't worked out because Kayal is remarkably good. Chris Hughton has never been a rotation kind of manager so in reality, Holla (along with JFC and Ince) have been waiting for an injury or a loss or form, which hasn't happened. I think it's a shame it hasn't worked out better for Holla, his set pieces could have been crucial but sometimes these things happen.

Well, say whatever you want about the top flight in Holland - but you can't say anybody plays as many games as Holla did at that level. in a competitive team as well, there's obviously a player there - it just isn't happening because there are better players in front of him and how easy is it for your 6th choice central midfielder to break into the team? Just a signing which didn't work out in the end, but I don't think he's a bad player based on what we've had the opportunity to see. Not bad when you think back to a few years ago.
Never said he was rubbish, but as you say, there are better players in front of him, and he is (probably) 6th choice CM .................. says it all, really.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Never the same after his Oxford loan. Far too cautious for our playing style now but I reckon he could rebuild and do a Steve Cook.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here