Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JFC to MkDons...

albionite

May 20, 2009
That makes sense, if I had my thinking head on I would not have asked. I do agree with you though we should keep hold if we can, but if we go up (if) he would not make into a first team in the Premiership.

Big if, if we go up.

Reminds me of regretting letting those two defenders go to Bournemouth as they wasn't quite ready for us at the time.( I didn't rate Elphick but he must of improved since we had him). Jfc has something about him even if he didn't show it last season.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
"JONES IN GUS STYLE RAID FOR OUR STAR ASSETS AS HOLLA AND CHICKSEN LEAVE FOR LUTON". Fingers crossed!

We could really do with Luton getting promoted to League 1 to then loan out some of our players to gain experience under a decent manager.

Maybe worth sending Walton & Rea there for the remainder of this season to help them out

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
He is only 21 so a loan is probably best for him and us, then rethink in the summer when we know where we are. I would do the same with Ince.

Now Jake has made the move, I would be inclined to hold on to Ince. Not having the best of seasons I know, but if a couple of midfielders were to get injured, or lose form, we could find ourselves struggling numbers wise again.

That is if we don't bring anyone in during this transfer window of course.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Now Jake has made the move, I would be inclined to hold on to Ince. Not having the best of seasons I know, but if a couple of midfielders were to get injured, or lose form, we could find ourselves struggling numbers wise again.

That is if we don't bring anyone in during this transfer window of course.

Does not being given a chance now constitute "Not having the best of seasons"?

In terms of JFC, there's a decent player in there. It's just very unlikely that he'll realise that with us. Could well be one we regret losing, if indeed we do lose him, further down the line.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
why don't we just sell him now then, I don't see the logic as surely his value goes down after the loan period ends as his contract is that much shorter or am I missing the point.

It reduces our wage costs and frees up monies to pay for any players we bring in and with FFP these things are quite important now

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
In terms of JFC, there's a decent player in there. It's just very unlikely that he'll realise that with us. Could well be one we regret losing, if indeed we do lose him, further down the line.

Maybe - but since making his debut he's had more than five years to try and nail down a starting place. Surely there's only so long it can go on like that - time to move on, IMHO.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Maybe - but since making his debut he's had more than five years to try and nail down a starting place. Surely there's only so long it can go on like that - time to move on, IMHO.

Correct.

He may be young but he's not exactly bulking out is he. Needs to be stronger and quicker for this league.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Crofts is ahead of him clearly and now Towell. I'd like to think he might have a future down the line though (in the right system).

Ince is a totally different player and never seems to do remotely well when I see games. Defensive mids need to do more and he's not a defender either so rather ditch him and Holla than JFC (permanently)

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014

For sure. I guess the question is whether he was truly ready to be given his debut...

As I said, he's unlikely to get in the side, but given regular football he could well be a player we regret losing as there's a decent player in there behind all the stagnation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here