Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JFC starts for the U-21s tonight

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
shut up I don't care what you think

The reporters in the nationals don't seem to agree with you either, mark.

IMG00020-20141015-0848.jpg

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Caskey is a quality performer its simple to see, well for me anyway.

Currently he plays as one of the 2 holding midfielders, simply because at present Holla and JFC are our best 2 players available for that role.

I would like to see him eventually deployed in a slightly further forward role as I believe he has the ability to score goals.

For me he gets better every week, he will need a rest at some point during the season I am sure, and hopefully when Stephens gets fit we can do that from time to time.

It really is not rocket science.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Caskey is probably a more effective/prominent player in a slightly advanced position which is where he is playing for England (and previously played for Brighton under Poyet and Garcia). He is playing in a more withdrawn position in the Championship because that is what our system requires but as a result his positional awareness and discipline has improved considerably. As he continues to develop under Hyppia he will learn to judge when to balance the two elements of his game in relation to the players around him. In two years I think he can potentially be the complete midfielder and people on here will be comparing him to Stevie Gerrard.

Pintos

Jul 28, 2005
Oxted
Caskey is probably a more effective/prominent player in a slightly advanced position which is where he is playing for England (and previously played for Brighton under Poyet and Garcia). He is playing in a more withdrawn position in the Championship because that is what our system requires but as a result his positional awareness and discipline has improved considerably. As he continues to develop under Hyppia he will learn to judge when to balance the two elements of his game in relation to the players around him. In two years I think he can potentially be the complete midfielder and people on here will be comparing him to Stevie Gerrard.

I only watched the first leg, but looked like he was playing as one of two in a deep role for England, same as for Brighton

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I only watched the first leg, but looked like he was playing as one of two in a deep role for England, same as for Brighton

He was. He played as one of three centre midfielders (himself, Tom Carroll and Will Hughes) in both legs. All three rotated, but generally JFC was the deepest of the three - the one often picking the ball up from the keeper or the centre backs.

(As sevenside suggests) in previous games for the U21s - especially at the Toulon tournament - he has played a lot further forward, almost in a number 10 role.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
In the interest of balance, from the (washes mouth out) Mail:-

Jake Forster-Caskey 5.5 - Struggled to really impose himself on the game and was guilty of giving the ball away inside his own half a couple of times after the break.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...hughes-nathan-redmond-star.html#ixzz3GCazKHy6

That's slightly bizarre as the ratings I posted are also from the (printed) Mail...

The online guy's ratings are very harsh throughout the team, given they produced an excellent result, away against quality opposition.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I like JFC and he is improving all the time and will continue to do so.

However some perspective. International U-21s is not at the same standard as the top of the Championship. For example, Lingard stood out in the summer for them but didn't in the Championship.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
That's slightly bizarre as the ratings I posted are also from the (printed) Mail...

The online guy's ratings are very harsh throughout the team, given they produced an excellent result, away against quality opposition.

Yep, funny thing was that they were up there by about 7pm as well, my immediate thought was about how well considered they were, or were not.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Hurrah!!!!!!!
I feel like part of the in-crowd now that Marky-Mark has searched back through my posts over three pages to give me "thumbs down" on all comments that are counter to his views...... piss me but there are some odd people about. :lolol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Hurrah!!!!!!!
I feel like part of the in-crowd now that Marky-Mark has searched back through my posts over three pages to give me "thumbs down" on all comments that are counter to his views...... piss me but there are some odd people about. :lolol:

shut up

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
Why should he shut up? He's offering an opinion. Who are you to deny him that opinion?

Really? Then why are you liberally dishing out Thumbs Down, and constantly posting petulant responses to people who appreciate and value and up and coming player whom you so blindly hate?
I never said I hate him for **** sake and if he was that ****ing good he would be playing in the premiership

severnside gull

May 16, 2007

I will. I will. :lolol:

Having also received a personal message from Mark expressing his view of my contributions I promise I shall take no further part in the debate nor will I ever again have the temerity to be supportive of a young player who represents my club. :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here