Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JFC - Please God make this the last time we have to watch him play in an Albion shirt...

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Some people always need a hate figure and they have settled on JFC.

He didnt have a bad game, but in the role he plays - he doesnt really stand out. There were worse players out there today than him, yet he gets singled out. Again, people always want to moan about something or someone.
And you're moaning about people moaning. I don't want JFC to play for my club.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
You think we would have learnt after Barnes.

I might be wrong but it's a lot of the same people as well. Just have to be on the back of at least one of our players and I really don't understand why. It was O' Grady 5 games ago, when it was clear our idiot of an ex-manager wasn't using him properly.

This. There always needs to be someone to have a go at. Barnes has proved many wrong

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
He is not a bad player, but he needs to pass the ball quicker and stop waving his arms around pointing at other players to move into the spaces that he should be filling. It takes him too much time to decide what he wants to do with the ball. Unless he can move the ball quicker he will struggle at this level.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Whatever it is he brings to the team, we sure as hell didn't miss it at Fulham, Brentford or at home to Ipswich the other night.

Conveniently forgot Charlton away then?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Some people always need a hate figure and they have settled on JFC.

He didnt have a bad game, but in the role he plays - he doesnt really stand out. There were worse players out there today than him, yet he gets singled out. Again, people always want to moan about something or someone.

What, attacking midfielder?

Everyone who backed him under Semi said he was playing too deep and out of position as an excuse for his poor form.

He's now in his favourite position and he's still poor.

Oh yeah, he's only 21.............how old does he have to be before he can be criticised?

He's not a scapegoat, he's a first team player so can be praised or criticised like every other player.

.................and he's been well below par for a starting berth for a while now.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
He is not a bad player, but he needs to pass the ball quicker and stop waving his arms around pointing at other players to move into the spaces that he should be filling. It takes him too much time to decide what he wants to do with the ball. Unless he can move the ball quicker he will struggle at this level.

he is doing a good impression of one....

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Thing with JFC is the fact game after game he never improves, shocking miss at Charlton he took some weird touch instead of just smashing the ball in the net first time.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I have not posted for years but felt I had to on JFC. I consider he is one of worst midfielders I have ever seen for Albion. To convince I was not been unfair I have watched him very closely in his last 2 games. He can hang his leg out but cant tackle so will never be defensive or ball winning midfielder. As far as been an attacking option he cannot go past anyone and makes very few forward runs. Calderon took his place against Ipswich and one minute was putting blocks in outside our area and next he was in there penalty area. JFC has never covered that ground in 3 games let alone 1.Tonight when they had ball he never tracked back or marked and when we were attacking instead of making forward runs stayed by half way line. When he passed the ball instead of finding space he retreated close to Arsenal player so he would never get ball back. I must admit it is even beginning to spoil my enjoyment of watching on the basis I resent spending my money to watch such a limited player contribute so little. For those who say under 21s lower leagues have players that played at that level.
For your info I want all our home grown players including March and Ince to do well. However I do hope not to see JFC again. Incidently whilst blessed with lots of skill I fear March will fade unless he starts doing more then nothing with right foot

Keith the Kipper

Feb 27, 2010
Worthing
I do feel it's one of those occasions you question yourself as a supporter. To me he doesn't look great but people who know a lot more about football than me continue to pick him - England under 21 managers and all of the recent Brighton managers . I just wish they would tell me what I am missing .

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
And you're moaning about people moaning. I don't want JFC to play for my club.

What brilliant support.....

What, attacking midfielder?

Everyone who backed him under Semi said he was playing too deep and out of position as an excuse for his poor form.

He's now in his favourite position and he's still poor.

Oh yeah, he's only 21.............how old does he have to be before he can be criticised?

He's not a scapegoat, he's a first team player so can be praised or criticised like every other player.

.................and he's been well below par for a starting berth for a while now.

He certainly is a scapegoat, every time something bad happens on the pitch, he gets blamed. He played shite under Hyypia's tactics which have made him the idea person to target. He has played a few games under Hughton and today he was up against the likes of Ozil, Flamini and Rosicky in midfield - he is hardly going to be beating them or winning the ball from them every time. It doesnt take ONE game to change from one style of play to another. Sami nearly ruined him, so he now has to adapt (again) to another style of play.

He had to play today, there was no one else - simple. When Kayal joins, he will probably be demoted to the bench, which will no doubt please some, but for a player like him it isnt what he needs. He needs regular football in a style of play which suits him, which wasnt under Sami. A season-long loan is needed, otherwise he needs to be a regular for us.

He does need to improve parts of his play, as you clearly dont want pointed out, he is still young. He wears the stripes and plays for the team, the least people can do is give him support.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
What brilliant support.....

He certainly is a scapegoat, every time something bad happens on the pitch, he gets blamed. He played shite under Hyypia's tactics which have made him the idea person to target. He has played a few games under Hughton and today he was up against the likes of Ozil, Flamini and Rosicky in midfield - he is hardly going to be beating them or winning the ball from them every time. It doesnt take ONE game to change from one style of play to another. Sami nearly ruined him, so he now has to adapt (again) to another style of play.

He had to play today, there was no one else - simple. When Kayal joins, he will probably be demoted to the bench, which will no doubt please some, but for a player like him it isnt what he needs. He needs regular football in a style of play which suits him, which wasnt under Sami. A season-long loan is needed, otherwise he needs to be a regular for us.

He does need to improve parts of his play, as you clearly dont want pointed out, he is still young. He wears the stripes and plays for the team, the least people can do is give him support.

Rohan did alright....

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Out of 20+ games this season what has he done?

No assists & no goals (I've seen )

I remember 1 turn & shot on target in all that time on the pitch

The most pleasing thing for me was that he was actually subbed (whereas before there seemed to be a rule where it wasn't allowed)

& funny how our up turn in form coincided with him being out the team (as well as sami leaving)

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Rohan did alright....

Rohan has different strengths to JFC, not to mention he was in a different position. Ince barely played under Sami either dont forget, so its probably easier for him to adapt.

To the person who said JFC has done nothing this season - he has scored 3 goals, which is more than most of our players !!

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
I have not posted for years but felt I had to on JFC. I consider he is one of worst midfielders I have ever seen for Albion. To convince I was not been unfair I have watched him very closely in his last 2 games. He can hang his leg out but cant tackle so will never be defensive or ball winning midfielder. As far as been an attacking option he cannot go past anyone and makes very few forward runs. Calderon took his place against Ipswich and one minute was putting blocks in outside our area and next he was in there penalty area. JFC has never covered that ground in 3 games let alone 1.Tonight when they had ball he never tracked back or marked and when we were attacking instead of making forward runs stayed by half way line. When he passed the ball instead of finding space he retreated close to Arsenal player so he would never get ball back. I must admit it is even beginning to spoil my enjoyment of watching on the basis I resent spending my money to watch such a limited player contribute so little. For those who say under 21s lower leagues have players that played at that level.
For your info I want all our home grown players including March and Ince to do well. However I do hope not to see JFC again. Incidently whilst blessed with lots of skill I fear March will fade unless he starts doing more then nothing with right foot

What a wonderful post. Measured and accurate.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Rohan has different strengths to JFC, not to mention he was in a different position. Ince barely played under Sami either dont forget, so its probably easier for him to adapt.

To the person who said JFC has done nothing this season - he has scored 3 goals, which is more than most of our players !!

2 penalties against 10 man Swindon

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

Do you genuinely think he deserves to start?

Colunga , who's technically better , could have played behind the striker today so he's not in there cause everyone is injured

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Thing with JFC is the fact game after game he never improves, shocking miss at Charlton he took some weird touch instead of just smashing the ball in the net first time.

It'll take more than a season to improve. Some players, take Ince for example, burst on to the scene early and seem to improve with every outing where as others take more time to make noticeable progression. It's highly likely that the coaches, manager and player (JFC) will see progression much sooner than we (the fans) will as we will most likely only notice progression that comes on in leaps and bounds. He's still relatively young and this season has been the first season he's been a regular in our first team. The criticism he receives on here, some of which is justified, is often totally over the top though and it seems to have become somewhat of a scapegoating vendetta rather than giving constructive feedback.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here