Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JFC - Please God make this the last time we have to watch him play in an Albion shirt...

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
What a tragic thread

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Great, another thread having a pop at Jake.

None of the midfield had a very good first half (Jake was probably the best of the midfield 3 in the first half)but they all played well in the second. In the second half Jake was able to pass the ball through to players because they were making runs. In the first half they didn't.

If you have watched any of his England under 21 games you would have seen that he can play forward passes when there is someone making a run forward.

He reminds me of Hammond. He gets through a lot of work, makes tackles and passes the ball on yet people on NSC love to have call him shit. Where's Hammond now?

It is worrying that some can't see it, pretty much given up trying to explain it. Will end up in the same league as the last figure some wanted out of the club

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Agree with you on all this. But it does suggest that JFC puts a shift in every game, which is what my point is (I also said that I think March is a better prospect than him too -- I'll add Walton, Ince and Dunk to that list too)

Fair, I think we're more or less on the same page. Puts a shift in but needs to improve in areas.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
It is unfair to say he is crap, he is a good footballer at this level. However it does appear that he has had his natural game coached out of him, he now tries to be far too safe. He also has the tendency to lose concentration and ball watch. At present he does not deserve a place in the starting circles.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Had a poor game, but definitely not a bad player, needs more time in the advanced midfield role

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
Sorry but he is woeful, whenever he doesn't play we play much better, yet managers keep picking him, must being doing something on training ground that he doesn't do on the pitch like playing football?

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Stephens - Injured
Crofts - Injured
Agustien - "injured"
Teixeira - Sick
Forster-Caskey
McCourt - Fancy dan(?) who doesn't offer enough defensively(?)
Holla - Playing
Ince - Playing
March - Bad last performance, still coming back from injury so not on prime form

are you saying if they were all available he wouldn't get a game.......???

he gets picked no matter what........

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Love the way that posters want to brag about not seeing what JFC brings to the team. Seasoned professional football people keep picking him but obviously people on here know more than them.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Will end up in the same league as the last figure some wanted out of the club.

That doesn't narrow things down very much, does it? Their name is 'Legion', for they are many.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I just think he has lost form recently and should not be an automatic choice, but he is a good player. Today the whole midfield looked like rabbits caught in the headlights in the first half, after the break they were so much better. I can't really believe the negative comments, we have just gone toe to toe with a champions league team. All of whom are starters for their international teams, and we managed to nearly draw with them nuff said.

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
I think the treatment of JFC is an absolute disgrace. Remember the last player people crucified, Ashley Barnes is currently doing very nicely in the premier league.

Jake has played plenty for us and the under21s under 3/4 managers who all rate him. They can't all be wrong. I'm not saying he should play every game but for he is a real prospect for the future. Why try to hang him after a poor performance against Flamini, Ozil and the outstanding Rosicky. Bonkers.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Had a poor game, but definitely not a bad player, needs more time in the advanced midfield role

Why!? He has NO pace, he can't take people on, can't tackle, can't head. I absolutely hates that he plays for our team. Offers nothing and to top it off, he's lazy and tells other people where to run.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here