Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Jeremy Corbyn and a new political party.

It’s nonsense. I can assure you that whatever JC decides to do, the Telegraph will be the last to know

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
So much bile. How dare a politician attempt to oppose privatisation of public services, address the massive iniquities in society, tax the rich, build social housing, make an effort to reverse climate change, give people greater rights in the workplace, support refugees, supply wi-fi to those who need it, take the railway back into public hands, oppose the unlimited power of property developers. Let's hope his ideas die a death and we can snuggle between Boris and Starmer's visions of a continuation of greed and flag waving tripe.

It all sounds good to me, won't wash with the UK electorate though.

You lot clearly prefer a conservative government (for some reason).

Good on Jeremy for trying to make the world a better place . . . in the face of extreme resistance.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
So much bile. How dare a politician attempt to oppose privatisation of public services, address the massive iniquities in society, tax the rich, build social housing, make an effort to reverse climate change, give people greater rights in the workplace, support refugees, supply wi-fi to those who need it, take the railway back into public hands, oppose the unlimited power of property developers. Let's hope his ideas die a death and we can snuggle between Boris and Starmer's visions of a continuation of greed and flag waving tripe.

Your comments are fair.

I personally think Labour are better off under Starmer, and I think that Corbyn, was in the end, promoted above his ability and had a few entrenched views which are so far apart from the majority of the population that it wasn't really ever tenable for him to be PM.

However. He is a fundamentally decent man who has spent his entire life trying to improve the lives of others. Those on here conflating him with the greedy, corrupt, power thirsty mob we have at the moment have been conned into thinking he is something he's not. As you mention, lots of the policies you list are obviously desirable

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
This thread is brilliant, let’s talk about Corbyn’s inevitably shit party rather than the illegal and insulting party the PM had in his garden over lockdown in 2020.

Why not start your own thread about that?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
What should the marginal rate of (all direct) tax be on a high earner or business owner?

I would say around 40%

How much tax should our huge multinational corporations pay in the countries they operate in?

Perhaps one could offset the other?

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...ts-to-35bn-almost-half-say-campaigners-due-to

This is interesting:

"Boris Johnson’s government has announced £36bn a year of tax-raising measures over the past three months in response to growing pressure on the public finances, in a development that economists expect will lift the UK’s tax take to the highest levels as a percentage of GDP in 70 years"

So there is a 35bn shortfall in expected tax because people/companies are avoiding and evading their tax responsibilities. The solution is not to close the avoidance/evasion loop holes but rather increase taxes on those who actually pay it cover the short fall.

Some would argue that this is more evidence on who your conservative government represent.

Last edited:

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Your comments are fair.

I personally think Labour are better off under Starmer, and I think that Corbyn, was in the end, promoted above his ability and had a few entrenched views which are so far apart from the majority of the population that it wasn't really ever tenable for him to be PM.

However. He is a fundamentally decent man who has spent his entire life trying to improve the lives of others. Those on here conflating him with the greedy, corrupt, power thirsty mob we have at the moment have been conned into thinking he is something he's not. As you mention, lots of the policies you list are obviously desirable

I’m sure there are many of the Jewish faith who may not agree with that….

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Corbyn won't be starting a new party as he is too much a part of the Labour political machine and also because he is not ruthless enough. If he was he would have done a better job of getting rid of the neoliberal wankers from the party when he had the chance.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Your comments are fair.

I am not in the UK and genuinely would be interested to know what these views you refer to are?

You second paragraph seems to be on the money from where I am standing.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I am not in the UK and genuinely would be interested to know what these views you refer to are?

You second paragraph seems to be on the money from where I am standing.

Yeh, in particular on foreign policy, his stated views are well out of step with NATO allies especially in the Middle East, but also on Irish independence. His stated views on abolishing the monarchy as well would have created difficulties if he became PM. I'm not necessarily saying that these views are bad, just that it's hard to lead when you have strongly held views which go against the majority of the electorate

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here