Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jeremy Clarkson Scandal.

D

Deleted member 22389

He said the N word. Get over it and move on, it probably doesn't even effect you. This pathetic politically correct country that drags something up that is over two years old. The only R's here are the ones who where thinking about this in the first place..

You want to get offended, look on your own doorsteps and see how much money it is costing you to live in this country. Look at the monumental **** up our politicians, political parties past and present have made in this country.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I don't get any defence of Clarkson at all. I do not understand the premise he is offering that he did all he could to avoid saying something. You just don't say it, especially when the word is so obviously about to arrive. It is clearly a pre-determined outcome, thinking that the mumbling would be funny in an 'I am so aware of my own ironic behaviour' way.

He is just a naughty public school boy type, who can't see that his actions (that he commits for money (c) Stewart Lee) are anything but a jolly jape. The naughtiness of saying N***** but not really saying it probably gave him a stiffy, in a manoeuvre akin to spanking his fag on the arse.

Sure, agreed, but that doesn't make him racist, or that situation racist. We, the viewers, all know the word is coming, he knows that we know, so the joke is him mumbling it but without it being audible. So that anyone who doesn't know the rhyme won't know anyway. Turns out it was audible so they didn't broadcast it.

Is that in bad taste? Is a black man hearing it and also knowing the word is coming get offended, even if Clarkson never actually says it? Then using the rhyme at all, even if you change the word, is racist. Personally I'll go with Common as Mook's opinion earlier, there are far more racist things in the world to focus on. Clarkson probably is racist, in the UKIP sense, but has that in common with a LOT of middle-aged and older white guys in England.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Clarkson probably is racist, in the UKIP sense, but has that in common with a LOT of middle-aged and older white guys in England.

What do you mean by the UKIP sense? I have the feeling that UKIP appeals to disillusioned people I.E low income groups, unemployed and teenagers who have the sense that immigrants get jobs, housing and benefits over them. It's no coincidence that the rise in popularity for UKIP comes at the time of recession and cost cutting by the government that has a big impact on these groups.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
This is just a hangover from his spat with that moron Piers Morgan, the bigger worry for Clarkson and Top Gear is who handed the video to them.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Such a big man on a computer arnt you fella.

I tell you what, while we may chant the same songs we are not on the same team kid. Anyway these are trying times but all good things ....etc etc

So big on the computer some people

Still got room for improvement. I am trying to better you not beat you.

D

Deleted member 22389

Sure, agreed, but that doesn't make him racist, or that situation racist. We, the viewers, all know the word is coming, he knows that we know, so the joke is him mumbling it but without it being audible. So that anyone who doesn't know the rhyme won't know anyway. Turns out it was audible so they didn't broadcast it.

Is that in bad taste? Is a black man hearing it and also knowing the word is coming get offended, even if Clarkson never actually says it? Then using the rhyme at all, even if you change the word, is racist. Personally I'll go with Common as Mook's opinion earlier, there are far more racist things in the world to focus on. Clarkson probably is racist, in the UKIP sense, but has that in common with a LOT of middle-aged and older white guys in England.

What he said, does this offend you personally? If it doesn't why are getting offended for other people. This incident happened over two years ago and it none of our business.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I'm in my seventies and frankly I'm not feckin sorry. A huge portion of the World has gone stark staring bonkers!
I, like a majority, think Clarkson is lucky (a bit like Adrian Chiles) that he has done very well by being a t***. That said FFS if reciting eeny meeny (unabridged version) mumbling or not, is viewed as racist I have serious concerns that his accusers are from another planet. God only knows how many times I've used the 'N' word before it became a sin. 'eeny meeny' and 'one potato' were the only way us kids of bygone times could ever decide anything. Has it made me a racist ? NO it hasn't !
Unfortunately, the anti-racist lobby have made things worse by the silly agenda they have set us ...'Gollies' being another example! Anyway more important thing on my mind, with much more important issues arriving at 12.15 :(

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I swear when we were kids we used to say the word FISHY in that rhyme?!?! (Not the n word) :lol:

I do realise FISHYS don't have toes though fwiw!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
This whole thing is a disgusting witch hunt. I'm not a particular fan of Clarkson but how in any way is this racist? It's getting to the point in this country where everything you say is scrutinised beyond belief. We ALL know that nursery rhyme and in all honesty I've accidently used that version when singing that particular song. He should have known better maybe but use of the 'N' word even if he did say it does not make him a racist.

Being a big fan of rap, why is it acceptable for rappers (white or black) to use the word? I'm sorry but there's too many people who have a chip on their shoulder about these sort of things now, it's just getting silly and despite not really liking Clarkson I feel rather sorry for him in this case.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
You are, Your implying that its ok for non whites to use it, and thats another form of discrimination.
I've heard it said that it's used between themselves but that ok???

Think it's a case of a lot or people being offended on others people's behalf.

I'm not actually and said it elsewhere in the thread. Some black people are understandably a little touch about whites using the word, some black people hate the word full stop, some black people use the word. On balance I'd probably take not being to use the word vs. slavery.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I wouldn't be upset at being called a "honky". I think the whole Clarkson thing is a BBC marketing stunt. A bit in ployical terms like Labour and John Prescott.

Can someone throw an egg at Jez please? Something like an ostrich's preferably. Boiled for about 10 hours.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
What do you mean by the UKIP sense? I have the feeling that UKIP appeals to disillusioned people I.E low income groups, unemployed and teenagers who have the sense that immigrants get jobs, housing and benefits over them. It's no coincidence that the rise in popularity for UKIP comes at the time of recession and cost cutting by the government that has a big impact on these groups.

I don't mean all UKIP supporters, but that wing thats anti-immigrants and people of other ethnicities in general, not out of pure racism but perhaps genuine grievance that leads them to tar everybody of colour or race with the same brush. I.e you can genuinely and deservedly be angry about immigration for the reasons you talk about, but then be angry with every foreigner and immigrant even if those people have nothing to do with those issues you mention. That's casual racism in a nutshell. I'm talking about my uncle, and my father-in-law, and my Dad, to a degree, and many people like them, and I expect Clarkson falls in that bracket.

but anyway, I think we just beat Forest and qualified for the play-offs :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here