Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jeremy Clarkson Scandal.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
You are welcome to your views.

Here are mine - he has admitted to happily being a member of a workforce (of various 'ethnics') who routinely and deliberately made people who were not happy to go along with their 'banter' of accepting being called by a racially-inspired 'nickname', "uncomfortable" to the point they had to seek alternative employment. Indeed, not only does he openly admit to have been accepting of this situation, he goes further, and declares that it was 'great craic'. I'm not declaring him a racist bully - he is openly admitting it.

His denial of any racist premise in the 'joke' posted, is further confirmation, if you need it.

Spot on.

It's quite astounding that there are so many people defending someone who posted a pretty awful racist joke, then start whining when someone pulls him up on it.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Spot on.

It's quite astounding that there are so many people defending someone who posted a pretty awful racist joke, then start whining when someone pulls him up on it.

As a very important point of order here - [MENTION=29123]Irish_Seagull[/MENTION] did NOT post the 'joke'. Somebody else did. What he did, (amongst other bile) was to declare it 'not racist'.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
He keeps on making racist slurs and needless insults and gets away with it?

The needless insults bit is clearly true as it is his stock in trade - he is the ultimate (and very dull) one trick pony - but "keeps on making racist slurs"? Not convinced that is reasonable or justified.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The needless insults bit is clearly true as it is his stock in trade - he is the ultimate (and very dull) one trick pony - but "keeps on making racist slurs"? Not convinced that is reasonable or justified.

Well, the Mexicans took his stereotyping of their entire nation as lazy, as a slur (though obviously that's a nationality, rather than a race), and Asian groups were pretty upset by his reference to a Burmese man as a 'slope' in the recent special.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
He keeps on making racist slurs and needless insults and gets away with it?

There's a mod on here who keeps making prejudice comments about the mentally ill.

And?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That is true, you have a point. Weren't they were much more public situations though? ie not just a man and a film crew. Surely some credit (not absolution) must be given for not having it broadcast the offensive version?

What is your point? That Clarkson was not out of line, or that the editor / production team are fortunately brighter than he is?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

He made 'a slope' reference and somehow got away with the BS excuse that while he knew it was funny he didn't realise it was racist. Lots of his previous comments have sailed pretty close to the wind on the racism front and would probably see people sacked or disciplined if done in a workplace.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Well, there was another incident on a Top Gear special where they built a bridge over a river. As Clarkson regarded the finished bridge, a bloke of Asian extraction was standing on it, to which Clarkson remarked "there's a slope on it". Led to a few complaints apparently, and an apology from the producer who claimed they weren't aware "slope" was a derogatory term.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Ah, I stand corrected.

But the central point still stands, though. The 'other bile' (the racism and bullying within the workplace) is pretty awful.

But he was pointing out what had happened in his workplace as I see it. Not that he was the instigator, I would be very careful in labelling someone as a racist bully based on what he has said... you have got form for getting it wrong... you accused me of being homophobic.. remember??

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
5Live tearing it's guts out again over this.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Is there?

Report the posts, next tie you feel this is the case, and they'll be looked at.

A shame they wont get dealt with though. I assume the Mods all know each other?

Is nutjob a normal word in reference to mental illness?

Last edited:

Irish_Seagull

Mar 25, 2014
Like i said initially, i thought the inquisitions were over. i doubt you know about the inquisitions

Okay...

Irish_Seagull
.i once worked with various ethnics .

Not a great choice of words.
what the hell are you talking about, i worked with various ethnics. i am an ethnic. i am of mixed race besides and il be honest with you. your opinion doesnt matter to me. im too much of a man to be affected by your femininity

Irish_Seagull
if people couldn't handle the banter they were shown the door or made so uncomfortable they found other employment.
Clearly some were not, but you BULLIED them into leaving. That IS racist, and IS illegal.
In my line of work, you either fit in to the team or you are a hazard. a danger to the team. our hazing initially involved you being ignored or treated like a porriah for several days until you were given your name. i doubt an individual would have had just one name, most likely several, where the job was based it was not just legal but expected.

Irish_seagull
Clarkson can say what the hell he likes, so long as it is in jest which im sure it was.
The LAW says he can't
that is such a silly comment to make considering you would have to be wearing a nazi uniform to want to put a charge on the man for making an in context one liner, he broke no law.

So much Badgering and ad hominem here

I'm not going to re-post the joke, but it was 100% RACIST.
the jokewasnt racist but it wasnt funny either, i didnt post it so maybe rather than troll me you would serve better trolling the poster?

There are more Trolls here than in the Lord of the rings trilogy

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Why is being racist considered the worst type of prejudice? Random?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I am just so pleased that now we live in a world with so few problems, we can spend all our time and resources on this :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here