Jeremy Clarkson Scandal.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
The funniest thing about the whole thread is that there are so many liberal nazis climbing to be the best fascist of all

How dare Jeremy clarkson make a one liner, how dare he.

Bunch of intellectual nazis

The type of idiots that hug a mugger or tug a paedophile

These idiots are more dangerous to a free society than any number of Islamic or otherwise terrorists

Find something to do.. Live and let live

Godwin's Law at work ladies and gentlemen.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
The funniest thing about the whole thread is that there are so many liberal nazis climbing to be the best fascist of all

Sorry, you mentioned about using intellect so I thought i'd point out that it's very hard to be a liberal and a fascist at the same time, what with liberalism being one of the reasons for the uprising of fascism.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I hate to break it you, but if you often find yourself typing emails or posts with n***** in them needlessly, you're probably a racist

LOL, not in general conversation, obviously, but as an example off the top of my head, not the n-word, but when discussing what John terry said to Ferdinand, what he claimed he said, and what we thought he really meant etc, then I'm sure a lot of us typed such things and but symbols in place of letters to act as our own censorship.

Clarkson didn't make up the rhyme y'know.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Scandal ? More like a storm in a teacup. Its over 2 years old and the Mirror clearly has an issue against Clarkson. More to the point, he didnt even say the word - he mumbled something LIKE the word - not different from someone misunderstanding it if someone said the word "digger".

Story about nothing, the Mirror must be running out of things to print if they have to search through TV program outtakes from 2 years ago for something vaguely wrong sounding when it actually isnt.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I've given this matter considerable thought and my overwhelming feeling is that I don't give a s**t.

This 'faux outrage' internet bollocks is laughable. One European country has invaded another European country's borders and taken the first step towards WW3 - not a f**king murmur on NSC. Yet Clarkson whispers something or other and it's 14 pages in a morning!

Indeed. Back to my point that you'd think the Daily Mirror had more important things to report on, than continuing the running spat that their former editor has with Clarkson.

Well, they say we get the press we deserve, and judging by the degree of faux outrage that this place has delighted in taking over the story, I guess we do. This sort of story DOES appeal to the masses far more than debates about Crimea, Ukraine, and Russia.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I'm not saying the clip he dropped was funny, and nor he is he saying it was, as far as I have seen. No-one claims it's clever word play, and no-one is claiming he ever decided it SHOULD be broadcast. I think you are getting off topic and into the realms of your overall dislike of the man.

Personally, I don't think individual words are racist, it is all about the usage, and context they are delivered. If we were discussing this incident in a pub, would either of us be racist if we used the word in repeating the rhyme that Clarkson repeated? I would say not.

Just as I wouldn't be racist if while talking about how acceptability changes over time, I made the point that once upon a time it was a description for a "jet black" paint. It wasn't always "jet" black, it was [the word I shall not use for fear of offending you] black. But clearly if we then went up to the bar and got the barmans attention by calling out "Excuse me [the word I shall not use for fear of offending you]" then I would say we ARE being racist.

It's not the word for me, it's the context. Mumbling a well known rhyme, was a form of censorship of the word. On reflection he thought better of it.

Now, I will move on ...

This is the post of the day! People can be stupid and sometimes step over the line, that does not make them a racist. People can say offensive/racist words, still does not make them racist, it's about educating these people as to what is and what is not acceptable. JC needs to be told that this sort of behaviour will not be tolerated and maybe the BBC should send him on training course.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Indeed. Back to my point that you'd think the Daily Mirror had more important things to report on, than continuing the running spat that their former editor has with Clarkson.

Well, they say we get the press we deserve, and judging by the degree of faux outrage that this place has delighted in taking over the story, I guess we do. This sort of story DOES appeal to the masses far more than debates about Crimea, Ukraine, and Russia.

I think use of words like that are worthy of interest. They provide an insight into a high-profile person paid from the public purse. And the subsequent denial and apology are also of interest, comment and debate.

This does not diminish the importance of Russia and Ukraine - but these are more remote (at present at least).

I have not seen any witch-hunt about Clarkson on here. And to describe people who are critical as having "faux outrage" is at best, weak.

Irish_Seagull

Mar 25, 2014
Sorry, you mentioned about using intellect so I thought i'd point out that it's very hard to be a liberal and a fascist at the same time, what with liberalism being one of the reasons for the uprising of fascism.

A liberal in the truest sense would defend Clarkson right to make a joke about almost anything. a fascist would demand he tow the line. where we to transport ( if only) many of today's so called liberals to the 1940`s they would be parading around London with mosleys black shirts.

you will never hear a modern "liberal" saying, "let the man speak"

The sad fact is that there is no line in the UK between right and left, those that do not toe the establishment line are silenced, ostracized and character assassinated by the establishment media and their ever growing number of useful idiots

Fascism is defined by the unification of the state and industry, banking etc,media this is the case in the uk, war after war by men on foot or bi proxy backed up by idiots programmed into political correctness devoid of any form of common sense or intellect into repeating behaviors they have seen and watched without question.

Clarkson broke no law, he just made a one liner. big woopee doo

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think use of words like that are worthy of interest. They provide an insight into a high-profile person paid from the public purse. And the subsequent denial and apology are also of interest, comment and debate.

This does not diminish the importance of Russia and Ukraine - but these are more remote (at present at least).

I have not seen any witch-hunt about Clarkson on here. And to describe people who are critical as having "faux outrage" is at best, weak.

Indeed. Good post.

No outrage / witch hunt here. Just a debate AROUND the more general topic.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
A liberal in the truest sense would defend Clarkson right to make a joke about almost anything. a fascist would demand he tow the line. where we to transport ( if only) many of today's so called liberals to the 1940`s they would be parading around London with mosleys black shirts.

you will never hear a modern "liberal" saying, "let the man speak"

The sad fact is that there is no line in the UK between right and left, those that do not toe the establishment line are silenced, ostracized and character assassinated by the establishment media and their ever growing number of useful idiots

Fascism is defined by the unification of the state and industry, banking etc,media this is the case in the uk, war after war by men on foot or bi proxy backed up by idiots programmed into political correctness devoid of any form of common sense or intellect into repeating behaviors they have seen and watched without question.

Clarkson broke no law, he just made a one liner. big woopee doo

Not one person on this thread has suggested Clarkson broke the law.

He didn't "make a one liner' either.

As for the rest of your post - a load of pompous self-important drivel.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
It's only a SMALL packet of popcorn so no you can't. Pull up a chair though, I've got other confectionery.

Most kind, thank you :thumbsup: I think you may have to send out for more supplies as this will run all night!

I have just had a few quid at quite good odds on 2 bans 3 infractions and a flounce!

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
A liberal in the truest sense would defend Clarkson right to make a joke about almost anything. a fascist would demand he tow the line.

I know that, i was merely pointing our your use of liberals trying to be the best fascist which wouldn't essentially work. I actually stopped reading your posts a few pages back.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I've given this matter considerable thought and my overwhelming feeling is that I don't give a s**t.

This 'faux outrage' internet bollocks is laughable. One European country has invaded another European country's borders and taken the first step towards WW3 - not a f**king murmur on NSC. Yet Clarkson whispers something or other and it's 14 pages in a morning!

I'm confused why is discusing Clarkson when the Ukraine and Russie are kicking off wrong, but it's fine to discuss Ashley Barnes, our play-off chances, the most influential debut album, etc?

Dec 4, 2013
This is the post of the day! People can be stupid and sometimes step over the line, that does not make them a racist. People can say offensive/racist words, still does not make them racist, it's about educating these people as to what is and what is not acceptable. JC needs to be told that this sort of behaviour will not be tolerated and maybe the BBC should send him on training course.

This x1000.

If he has done anything wrong, it's Clarkson's first offence. We need to put it in the context of all his time on top gear, and set against that backdrop it's clear it was entirely innocent. A quiet word from the BBC or a bit of training (which I'm sure wouldn't be necessary anyway) will ensure this remains a one-off

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports