Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JD Wetherspoon.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
After JDW having their application for conversion of The Priory in Haywards Heath rejected I noticed there are planning notices on the fences for conversion to flats again. I assume the outline will remain as I thought that it was a listed building.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He didnt continue his fight with Haywards Heath council but had he done so he would probably have won as he does on most objections. The application now being made is by another company. Just reading the notices yesterday and a chap stopped to also read them and said it was sad as the town needed a pub up that end of town for residents as there was nothing of note.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Not a fan, tried a few times to have a sunday lunch at the one In the marina and it always was a disaster, too few staff to cope . Plus the owner is rabidly pro Brexit ( Maybe because Brexit means less annoying staff benefits like maternity pay )and always sounds like he has dropped some bad acid regularly in his life. Avoid !

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Having done several H&S inspections in JDW I would NEVER eat from any of their kitchens.

So how do they get their 5 Health ratings or don't they achieve that in your area?

JackB247

Sep 25, 2013
Burgess Hill
Although I disagreed with the owner over Brexit, would never take the step of avoiding Spoons as it will always be a great first stop on a night out due to the low booze prices and you can't go wrong with their £2.99 fry up!

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
8135141fe17d2e11f052f933d56e245f.jpg

The beer is cheap- this is the price list at the Marina. The craft beers they charge £3ish for most pubs in Brighton will fleece you for around £6.

The Tsingtao and Kingfisher big bottles they charge £3 for is equivalent to around £2 per pint.

Quite a few of the beers they sell, which you have never heard of, aren't great, but if you stick to known breweries you should do ok.

The breakfasts are good for the price- what is this Savannah discount card though? I miss the free coffee deal.

Atmosphere wise I can deal with a Spoons at breakfast- usually a fun mix of pensioners, alcoholics, and bargain hunters. In the evening I find them a bit depressing- unless you can find one with an outdoor space to get away from the vibe inside!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Any in Bristol or Portsmouth?

Swindon.Reading,Newbury Hungerford.

I witnesed food dropped on the kitchen floor and put back on the plate, The cook ( no way will I call them chef) picked it up and put it back on the plate, I said that should be binned but he just said a bit of dirt never hurt anyone.

Im not food hygene so not my business to poke my nose in..

I just think well I wont be eating there.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
With 'Spoons you generally get what it says on the tin.

I prefer that to pubs which are overpriced and up themselves. I have a theory that pubs in great locations don't have to try too hard and are often poor value experiences. For example, the Juggs in Kingston is in a lovely old building and nice spot at the foot of the Downs. Service is generally poor (high staff turnover); overpriced drinks; and, food delivered by Brake Brothers lorry and heated up on the premises. Few locals go there despite it being the only pub in a large village.

PG

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
With 'Spoons you generally get what it says on the tin.

I prefer that to pubs which are overpriced and up themselves. I have a theory that pubs in great locations don't have to try too hard and are often poor value experiences. For example, the Juggs in Kingston is in a lovely old building and nice spot at the foot of the Downs. Service is generally poor (high staff turnover); overpriced drinks; and, food delivered by Brake Brothers lorry and heated up on the premises. Few locals go there despite it being the only pub in a large village.

PG

Sounds like you're describing the Anchor at Barcombe. Fabulous setting, awful food and service.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
8135141fe17d2e11f052f933d56e245f.jpg

The beer is cheap- this is the price list at the Marina. The craft beers they charge £3ish for most pubs in Brighton will fleece you for around £6.

The Tsingtao and Kingfisher big bottles they charge £3 for is equivalent to around £2 per pint.

Quite a few of the beers they sell, which you have never heard of, aren't great, but if you stick to known breweries you should do ok.

The breakfasts are good for the price- what is this Savannah discount card though? I miss the free coffee deal.

Atmosphere wise I can deal with a Spoons at breakfast- usually a fun mix of pensioners, alcoholics, and bargain hunters. In the evening I find them a bit depressing- unless you can find one with an outdoor space to get away from the vibe inside!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Savannah discount card is nothing to do with Spoons - Savannah is a caff in Haywards Heath (I think the pic of the full english earlier in the thread was from there)

http://www.savannahcafebar.co.uk/savannah-days/

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Swindon.Reading,Newbury Hungerford.

I witnesed food dropped on the kitchen floor and put back on the plate, The cook ( no way will I call them chef) picked it up and put it back on the plate, I said that should be binned but he just said a bit of dirt never hurt anyone.

Im not food hygene so not my business to poke my nose in..

I just think well I wont be eating there.

What about the 3-second rule? Was he quick enough?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here