Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jason Scotland - bid by Brighton

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I think our fans are more ambitious. I would like us to sign a younger striker with something to prove.

We need SOME experience, looking at our side at the moment, the midfield and front 2 are all very young. Obviously that's great, but look at the influence people like Kish, Forster ('til it went tits up), and Hart had on the squad in recent years. Not only that but he'd bring options, we (I presume) cannot afford to bring in two promising young strikers because we all know they cost top wack.
Scotland and 1 big name competing with Barnes and Hoskins would be SUPERB imo.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
We need SOME experience, looking at our side at the moment, the midfield and front 2 are all very young. Obviously that's great, but look at the influence people like Kish, Forster ('til it went tits up), and Hart had on the squad in recent years. Not only that but he'd bring options, we (I presume) cannot afford to bring in two promising young strikers because we all know they cost top wack.

Absolutely.

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005

yep seconded, spot on in my opinion, also add he thrived at Swansea who play a similar style to us.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
People who say that about Murray are jsut saying that.
I'm not sure why people seem to think Scotland's such a terrible player?

Maybe because Ipswich are keen to get shot of him? I thought we had more ambition.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Maybe because Ipswich are keen to get shot of him?

But then they have just signed Nathan Ellington, an overweight has been on ridiculously high wages whose recent record is far worse than Scotland's. I'd much rather have the latter.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
But then they have just signed Nathan Ellington, an overweight has been on ridiculously high wages whose recent record is far worse than Scotland's. I'd much rather have the latter.

I'd happily resist both of them.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

Jewell's doing a Micky Adams - just signing someone who he's managed before, no matter what they've done since. I'd much rather have JS, anyone who says he's not good enough, not Poyet's kind of player or he doesn't suit our style of play is a cupid stunt.

Nickols4

May 25, 2011
Dorking, Surrey.
I'd glady take Scotland. Proven at this level and as good a target man as Murray was (important defensively aswell). Providing he is signed along with this 'big money' younger striker (CMS) it would be cracking business in my opinion.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley

agreed, lets hope its not going to be another 1000 messages, 50 page thread before something is confimed!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Maybe because Ipswich are keen to get shot of him? I thought we had more ambition.
So you reckon Paul Jewell knows better than Gus Poyet?
Besides there are plenty of players who do better at some clubs than others for a whole range of reasons.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
He is small but very stocky, thought he looked excellent against us about 3 seasons ago for Swansea without even scoring.

I think he looked very good at Swansea but only in a 4-5-1 formation and at 32 I'm not convinced he has the legs to play that role still.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here