Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Jason Puncheon arrested

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
So Jason Puncheon is ’evidence of CP fans using fireworks as weapons by letting them off inappropriately’.

:D

I’ll leave you to it.

No if JP is found guilty, he is a bad role model. The fans behaviour is already a problem with them taking fireworks to the Amex. JP should act professionally....

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
you aren't doing yourself any favours from where I am sat. When did they use their bangers and flares as 'weapons'

By letting them off at a football match, fireworks have no place in the stands. Had the police found the fireworks then they would have been confiscated.

For me these fireworks were used as weapons. They could cause serious injury and once lit you have no control over them in a confined space where other people are present.

I wasn't trying to do myself any favours....Just an innocent remark from my viewpoint, I accept other people may see the situation differently.

My interpretation of what a weapon is, is different to a number of NSC posters. I guess we are all different.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
By letting them off at a football match, fireworks have no place in the stands. Had the police found the fireworks then they would have been confiscated.

For me these fireworks were used as weapons. They could cause serious injury and once lit you have no control over them in a confined space where other people are present.

I wasn't trying to do myself any favours....Just an innocent remark from my viewpoint, I accept other people may see the situation differently.

My interpretation of what a weapon is, is different to a number of NSC posters. I guess we are all different.

weapon
ˈwɛp(ə)n/Submit
noun
a thing designed or used for inflicting bodily harm or physical damage.
"nuclear weapons"
a means of gaining an advantage or defending oneself in a conflict or contest.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I would consider any tool that can inflict injury a weapon and in current times, through terrorist activity a flare or firework can cause injury, have a look at this.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/37170...ns-real-madrid-champions-league-final-latest/

Yeah it can, I mean you could gouge someones eye out with plastic spoon, or burn them with a pie, through a bottle with a lid on, throw a coin, use a belt. Doesnt make them a weapon though. I am by no means defending bringing flares into a stadium by the way (though I dont think its the end of the world and knowingly illegal) but the whole weapons thing? If you make a 'Millwall brick' out of a paper or sharpen up a coin it becomes a weapon. If you through flares and bangers at people with intent, it becomes a weapon.
Otherwise meh.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Yeah it can, I mean you could gouge someones eye out with plastic spoon, or burn them with a pie, through a bottle with a lid on, throw a coin, use a belt. Doesnt make them a weapon though. I am by no means defending bringing flares into a stadium by the way (though I dont think its the end of the world and knowingly illegal) but the whole weapons thing? If you make a 'Millwall brick' out of a paper or sharpen up a coin it becomes a weapon. If you through flares and bangers at people with intent, it becomes a weapon.
Otherwise meh.

Hmm, could you really injure 6 hundred people as quoted in the Sun article, with a plastic spoon, bottle lid, a coin or hot pie, really?

Last edited:

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
So we’re on to terrorism now , that’s some escalation.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Hmm, could you really injure 6 hundred people as quoted in the Sun article, with a plastic spoon, bottle lid, a coin or hot pie, really?

I hadnt read the article in my defense and that sounds awful

My point though was that. (to an extent even backed up by your link where the firecrackers dont appear to have been a 'weapon'), a lorry can be used as a weapon, whatever can, a knife or knuckle duster would clearly be construed as a weapon, where as a flare not so much. I'm not missing the point by the way, I just disagree (along with the police and clubs/most fans I think) that there were weapons at the Amex found ie the flares were not classified as weapons, neither used as such. Anyway

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
weapon
ˈwɛp(ə)n/Submit
noun
a thing designed or used for inflicting bodily harm or physical damage.
"nuclear weapons"
a means of gaining an advantage or defending oneself in a conflict or contest.

Yes that is why I stated fireworks as a weapon. A thing used for inflicting bodily harm or physical damage.

When used for a display on Bonfire night or New Years Eve they are pretty. When let off in a confined space with other people present they are a weapon, IMO.

I am not escalating a point, taking it sideways but just explaining my post on page 5. When I posted I saw the fireworks as weapons. I never expected it to go much further, although I more than happy to explain my meaning.

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
If you get 3 months for having a flare in your coat pocket on the way to football, then the worlds gone mad !

I agree with you there.

However if you get caught letting it off inside the stadium with other fans present, then a punishment seems fair to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here