Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Jason Puncheon arrested

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Yes that is why I stated fireworks as a weapon. A thing used for inflicting bodily harm or physical damage.

When used for a display on Bonfire night or New Years Eve they are pretty. When let off in a confined space with other people present they are a weapon, IMO.

I am not escalating a point, taking it sideways but just explaining my post on page 5. When I posted I saw the fireworks as weapons. I never expected it to go much further, although I more than happy to explain my meaning.

I get your point, and arent criticising it by any means. We'll beg to differ I think, my personal opinion is that setting off a banger or flare in a confined space should not be defined as a weapon unless harm was intended, just my opinion, your definition suggests to me at least that breaking the speed limit for example in a car on a busy road is using a weapon. Anyway I get where you are coming from, I guess it boils down to intention of use. Guns dont kill people

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
I get your point, and arent criticising it by any means. We'll beg to differ I think, my personal opinion is that setting off a banger or flare in a confined space should not be defined as a weapon unless harm was intended, just my opinion, your definition suggests to me at least that breaking the speed limit for example in a car on a busy road is using a weapon. Anyway I get where you are coming from, I guess it boils down to intention of use. Guns dont kill people

I get your point about the car, but harm can be caused when any object is used in an irresponsible manner. It is why we have manslaughter for when someone did not in tend to murder but behaved in a way that was not accidental.

Guns and nuclear weapons without people using them, are both thought of as weapons. The use of them is clear when they are used. Many objects have a dual use, a knife can prepare your Christmas lunch, (which I hope you enjoy) or to murder or commit manslaughter.

Merry Christmas Maffew.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I get your point about the car, but harm can be caused when any object is used in an irresponsible manner. It is why we have manslaughter for when someone did not in tend to murder but behaved in a way that was not accidental.

Guns and nuclear weapons without people using them, are both thought of as weapons. The use of them is clear when they are used. Many objects have a dual use, a knife can prepare your Christmas lunch, (which I hope you enjoy) or to murder or commit manslaughter.

Merry Christmas Maffew.

Are you for real :moo:

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England

Merry Christmas Maffew.

Merry Christmas btnbelle :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here