Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] January window

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
It doesn't make sense to me. We had a succession of mobile strikers - Maupay, Andone, Connolly, Undav - and none of them have looked particularly well-suited or comfortable in the systems we've played, whilst Welbeck DOES look suited, yet the 'target man' continues to be looked down upon.

The Premier League is quick and it's physical, and strikers that can defend corners are also useful to have. I will be interested to see Brereton-Diaz in the Prem to see whether he can perform well at that level.
wouldn't conflate being tall with being a target man. brereton operates mainly off the right for blackburn, prefers cutting inside and playing on the shoulder

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
wouldn't conflate being tall with being a target man. brereton operates mainly off the right for blackburn, prefers cutting inside and playing on the shoulder
I'm mindful of that but I would say that your 'big striker' is currently out of fashion, with Haaland the exception. 10 years ago there would have been a queue of Prem clubs willing to sign him.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
With Chelsea hijacking the Fofana deal I’m going to make another prediction.

Mike Trésor as our Trossard replacement. Another left winger from Genk. 23 and a future full Belgium international. Good creator and finisher. Unlikely to happen until the summer though.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
With Chelsea hijacking the Fofana deal I’m going to make another prediction.

Mike Trésor as our Trossard replacement. Another left winger from Genk. 23 and a future full Belgium international. Good creator and finisher. Unlikely to happen until the summer though.
Yep, manager, coaches, GK coach, player of season and now our already prepared transfer targets. Lets face it, Potter is trying to recreate Brighton on the Kings Road.......... he's going to be totally lost after this window with nothing to steal or scavenge.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We can only loan out 8 players abroad and we have used up that quota. I can see us selling Zequri and Karbownik and recalling Alzate.if we find buyers but until something like that happens no youngster (or Undav) is being loaned out abroad.
No we haven't. Reason covered before on various threads.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here