Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jan Mlakar- Slovenia U21 striker reportedly SINGING

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
We'll see. This is a Mlakar thread - but as far as AC is concerned, the level he goes on loan to doesn't matter, so long as he can get his goal-scoring mojo back!

Sorry but his last goal scoring mojo was in the Acadamy

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Sorry but his last goal scoring mojo was in the Acadamy

He did really well on loan in Slovakia scoring 14 goals last season and getting into their national team set-up.

Best of luck to the lad, I’m sure we’ll get a big chunk of any transfer if he splits from Split.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Would be interesting to see the finances involved in bringing these young players with nothing more than potential over from abroad. Over last few years seems to have been loads signed and apart from Sanchez none near first team.and end up going back.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Would be interesting to see the finances involved in bringing these young players with nothing more than potential over from abroad. Over last few years seems to have been loads signed and apart from Sanchez none near first team.and end up going back.

The value we've had from having March / Dunk / Sanchez / White in the current team probably off-sets it by a huge chunk. And if we end up selling White for £50M+ then it's well in credit

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We made a decent profit on Ales Mateju who is now in the Czech squad at the Euros.

So that will help.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

I suspect we’ve made a fairly modest income on players we’ve developed and ultimately sold on. Not Ben White money, but a steady income stream.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
[MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] - any idea on fee or additional clauses in this deal? I know you like to ferret out such info, and I like my records to be up-to-date.....

Raskolnikov

Aug 13, 2014
Wivenhoe
[MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] - any idea on fee or additional clauses in this deal? I know you like to ferret out such info, and I like my records to be up-to-date.....

Missus family are massive hajduk fans and part of torcida. Apparently it is undisclosed but the consensus there seems to be that it was a free. Hajduk have allegedly spent most of their limited funds on keeping Marko Livaja who is wanted by Besiktas.

apparently...

I'd be surprised if that were the case so take it with a pinch of salt

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
We made a decent profit on Ales Mateju who is now in the Czech squad at the Euros.

So that will help.

Why would they have paid money for him. Cant be any value to a player that has spent 2/3 years and not getting near first team or done well in a good loan in championship

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Why would they have paid money for him. Cant be any value to a player that has spent 2/3 years and not getting near first team or done well in a good loan in championship
Presumably a good loan outside the UK can also add value.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

1) He made two appearances for Albion's first-team.
2) He spent the entire 2018-19 season on loan at Serie B Brescia Calcio and helped them earn promotion to Serie A with a couple of games to spare (they ended up as Champions). Far from him not having "any value", I suspect they feel they got tremendous value from him when they signed him permanently at the end of that season.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Do you mean Moder, Karbownik, Connolly, Molumby, Caicedo, Khadra, and Zeqiri . All of whom were "young players" who signed "with nothing more than potential over from abroad...over last few years" and all of whom have played for the first team and are still in the squad apart from 19 year old Caicedo...who ...*checks notes*...is getting ready to play Brazil this weekend in the quarter finals of the Copa America so is probably going to be ok i think.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Different Split based papers only say "favorable terms". My guess would be somewhere around £0 but with a nice sell-on clause.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
and are still in the squad apart from 19 year old Caicedo...who ...*checks notes*...is getting ready to play Brazil this weekend in the quarter finals of the Copa America so is probably going to be ok i think.

I'd re-check your notes, Jem.

He's not playing Brazil, unless he's defected to Chile...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here