Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Jamie

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Let's also not forget that it all started with someone hacking his website.

Cards on the table here, and this will probably be my last post on this thread too.

On that thread I am ‘FLOG GNAW’ & I signed up as Mr.Mero as the events unfolded, which is the account now called Rohana. I wasn’t the person who hacked his website though. A very brief google search at the time would have revealed that the real Mr.Mero was an Egyptian hacker who disliked the hosting site Jamie had made his forum with and who had gone around hacking hundreds of sites. The fact it happened whilst he was getting stick from Brighton fans was a coincidence. If he had been rational about the situation he probably would have found out this information out as easily as I did at the time.

I had spoken to Jamie before the whole “Jamie” incident. I’m 25 now, so I would have been 15/16 at the time the thread took place, so probably 14/15 when I first spoke to him. Anybody of a similar age to me will remember being added in to massive group chats full of strangers on MSN back in the day. They were always chaos. Imagine 50+ teenagers who don’t know each other in one conversation from the safety of their keyboards. You’d make a few mates along the way but it was largely carnage. I got on with a couple of other Stockport fans I’d met through this insanity so I quite often ended up in group chats with Jamie. Random free-for-all’s, League One chats, and sometimes just small groups of Brighton & Stockport fans. Almost all of those would end in Jamie threatening someone; normally me as I was also a loudmouth prick. He even threatened to come find me and stab me after one of our games against them; the 1-0 Slade win to stay up IIRC. He was never particularly scary, in fact it just became an ongoing joke. Disagree with Jamie; Jamie gets angry; keep proving away; Jamie threatens to shatter your back with a knife. Even the Stockport fans he knew found it funny how wound up he got.

And that’s what Jamie was, he was a kid/young man who angered incredibly quickly and when he was pissed off he completely lost it and wouldn’t, couldn’t think rationally. He’s the not the only teenager to have a self inflated sense of himself online. I signed up as Mr.Mero when things started going wrong as I knew I could press his buttons and wind him up something chronic. By the time my account had been verified it had already gone off the rails with Jamie telling us we were all going to hell and that god hated us.

He wasn’t some innocent cherub who was ripped apart for no reason, the same way he wasn’t Satan. He was just a normal 18 year old who like thousands of others thought he was invincible online but quickly found out he wasn’t. That thread should be a lesson to everyone, whichever way you look at it.

None of us knew Jamie, I spoke to him the most and I didn’t know him. Time passing could have made this whole incident become a big joke; something people laughed about as his funeral. “Remember that time Jamie wound up that entire forum and it backfired massively. Classic Jamie” or it could be something that is still incredibly raw and they never speak about. The one thing I know is it’s none of our business either way. NSC was part of his life for 2 days, the fallout might stretch it to a couple of weeks. That thread didn’t define his life. The donation from Bozza is a great touch but that’s where it should end.

R.I.P Jamie. Hope you’re up there playing man hunt in the sky.

Last edited:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Cards on the table here, and this will probably be my last post on this thread too.

On that thread I am ‘FLOG GNAW’ & I signed up as Mr.Mero as the events unfolded, which is the account now called Rohana. I wasn’t the person who hacked his website though. A very brief google search at the time would have revealed that the real Mr.Mero was an Egyptian hacker who disliked the hosting site Jamie had made his forum with and who had gone around hacking hundreds of sites. The fact it happened whilst he was getting stick from Brighton fans was a coincidence. If he had been rational about the situation he probably would have found out this information out as easily as I did at the time.

I had spoken to Jamie before the whole “Jamie” incident. I’m 25 now, so I would have been 15/16 at the time the thread took place, so probably 14/15 when I first spoke to him. Anybody of a similar age to me will remember being added in to massive group chats full of strangers on MSN back in the day. They were always chaos. Imagine 50+ teenagers who don’t know each other in one conversation from the safety of their keyboards. You’d make a few mates along the way but it was largely carnage. I got on with a couple of other Stockport fans I’d met through this insanity so I quite often ended up in group chats with Jamie. Random free-for-all’s, League One chats, and sometimes just small groups of Brighton & Stockport fans. Almost all of those would end in Jamie threatening someone; normally me as I was also a loudmouth prick. He even threatened to come find me and stab me after one of our games against them; the 1-0 Slade win to stay up IIRC. He was never particularly scary, in fact it just became an ongoing joke. Disagree with Jamie; Jamie gets angry; keep proving away; Jamie threatens to shatter your back with a knife. Even the Stockport fans he knew found it funny how wound up he got.

And that’s what Jamie was, he was a kid/young man who angered incredibly quickly and when he was pissed off he completely lost it and wouldn’t, couldn’t think rationally. He’s the not the only teenager to have a self inflated sense of himself online. I signed up as Mr.Mero when things started going wrong as I knew I could press his buttons and wind him up something chronic. By the time my account had been verified it had already gone off the rails with Jamie telling us we were all going to hell and that god hated us.

He wasn’t some innocent cherub who was ripped apart for no reason, the same way he wasn’t Satan. He was just a normal 18 year old who like thousands of others thought he was invincible online but quickly found out he wasn’t. That thread should be a lesson to everyone, whichever way you look at it.

None of us knew Jamie, I spoke to him the most and I didn’t know him. Time passing could have made this whole incident become a big joke; something people laughed about as his funeral. “Remember that time Jamie wound up that entire forum and it backfired massively. Classic Jamie” or it could be something that is still incredibly raw and they never speak about. The one thing I know is it’s none of our business either way. NSC was part of his life for 2 days, the fallout might stretch it to a couple of weeks. That thread didn’t define his life. The donation from Bozza is a great touch but that’s where it should end.

‘Jamie’: The Untold Story.

Interesting read.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Good way to close the thread perhaps.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here