Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jamie Murphy - loaned to Rangers, sale likely in the Summer

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Few cracking goals in our last 2 championship seasons. Evening games v Reading and Derby spring to mind

Hmmm can remember a fair few missed chances too! Yes he did ok for us, not brilliantly, but just ok. Is he good enough to play in the Championship now? I 'm not sure.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wow, are you saying he didn't have a 100% conversion rate. That's unusual.

Plenty on here would still find fault, with that.

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
We have had a lot worse players. He was a quite capable squad player but wanted to play for he boyhood heroes.
It was a really bad injury and hopefully he will smash it at Burton and get back in the Rangers team.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I liked Murphy, always put in a shift and contributed towards our promotion push. Good luck to the bloke, hope he finds fitness and form.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Think unless he’s totally crocked Burton will have a League One gem on their hands.

Good luck to him. Not in stature but he’s the player who’s most reminded me of Paul Brooker in playing style, glides across the turf and seems to leave players for dead with ease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
In recent years, he is probably the best, calmest finisher of a one on one situation, that we've had.

(A real shame that he missed exactly that kind of opportunity, to write himself in Albion lore, at 0-0 at home to City, in our very first PL match)

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
In recent years, he is probably the best, calmest finisher of a one on one situation, that we've had.

(A real shame that he missed exactly that kind of opportunity, to write himself in Albion lore, at 0-0 at home to City, in our very first PL match)

Shame then that he didn't get himself into that situation more often!!!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Shame then that he didn't get himself into that situation more often!!!

Indeed. I can't say that l remember Jamie as being a particular calm finisher at all, and if anything think that he lacked a little bit of confidence, and it was probably that amongst other things that led to him missing a fair few one on one chances.

As l posted previously, to me he is a good palyer, but certainly not a great one.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
To be fair, he was definitely a good finisher and if you watch any highlight reels of his best parts for us, most of them will be him scoring goals. I never believed he was a top end Championship player, though. I thought he was a fairly ordinary player at Championship level but would be good in League 1 or the Scottish Premier League. He just lacked the consistency in my opinion, one game he'd be outstanding but the next he'd be almost entirely useless.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Indeed. I can't say that l remember Jamie as being a particular calm finisher at all, and if anything think that he lacked a little bit of confidence, and it was probably that amongst other things that led to him missing a fair few one on one chances.

As l posted previously, to me he is a good palyer, but certainly not a great one.

Pretty much agree with that. Thought he was a skilful player but didn't quite get the best out of his skills and a bit lightweight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here