Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jamie Carragher

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
You mean aside from the fact he’s an ex Man U player, mates with a lot of the squad, good friends with the manager and a diehard Man Utd fan.

How is that not bias? That’s the definition of.

He’s a brilliant pundit though. Won’t disagree with that.

It's entirely possible to be mates with people and still call them out when they are being idiots.

Hell, it's what this entire forum is based on.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I don’t mind him too much as an analyst but as a commentator he’s absolutely awful, similar to Neville actually I don’t think they are natural commentators, I can’t blame them for being biased during games if you put me on commentary of one of our games I think I’d be far more biased :lolol:

Not a fan of Carragher as a person after he spat at those people a few years ago, spitting at people to me is worse than physical violence it’s just total and utter filth.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
You mean aside from the fact he’s an ex Man U player, mates with a lot of the squad, good friends with the manager and a diehard Man Utd fan.

How is that not bias? That’s the definition of.

He’s a brilliant pundit though. Won’t disagree with that.

He has bias towards Man U. Of course. He admits that as he totally loves the club.

But as a pundit, he does not show that bias and if anything he is more harsh on "his team" when he's co commentator or discussing them in the studio.

He doesn't favour them, he doesn't pull any punches when they're shít and he gives credit to other teams when they are good. He calls things as they are from an objective point of view, despite the fact that he wants Man United to win.

So, as a pundit, he's unbiased. Unlike Carragher.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I only judge his bias on what I hear come out of his mouth as a co-commentator, not what goes on outside in his life. Let's face it, many diehard Brighton fans on here are completely savage of our team and players, I'm not sure being a fan necessarily equals being bias. Like I said, because of all you've pointed out, I think he goes the other way if anything to avoid all those connections and accusations of bias. Carragher on the other hand I don't think is bright enough, or bothered about it.

Nail on head.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Absolutely every piece of play was commented on from a Liverpool perspective, from Williams being the next big thing (Lamptey had him in his pocket, and totally p*ssed all over his performance all half), to how great Salah is at a tap-in to barely acknowledging Brighton's play in minutes 10-45 of the first half in that droning, monotoned, suicidal Scouse foghorn of a voice.

Even the goal was down to poor Liverpool defending and that 'this is why Brighton have got Graham Potter...' Sorry, wot?

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
The Large One;9410970[B said:
]Absolutely every piece of play was commented on from a Liverpool perspective, from Williams being the next big thing (Lamptey had him in his pocket[/B], and totally p*ssed all over his performance all half), to how great Salah is at a tap-in to barely acknowledging Brighton's play in minutes 10-45 of the first half in that droning, monotoned, suicidal Scouse foghorn of a voice.

Even the goal was down to poor Liverpool defending and that 'this is why Brighton have got Graham Potter...' Sorry, wot?

Absolutely. Lamptey tore him to pieces in the first half, so much so that Klopp hauled Williams off at half time. Lamptey was on another planet in terms of quality. Mr Spit seemed oblivious to this.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Same with Neville being co commentator in the Man U game. Would it kill Sky to have a neutral pundit?

Agreed, last night not only did they have Carragher as co-commentator, they also had Graham Souness as a studio pundit. Two professional Scousers for the price of one.

Couldn't they get hold of get hold of Siddy, or Liam Rosenior for the evening? it would have evened things up.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I thought Martin Tyler is so far up Liverpool’s arse he has probably found the source of the Mersey.

And yet Liverpool fans all over Twatter seem to think he's a Manchester United-loving, Scouser-hating knobhead :shrug:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Couldn't they get hold of get hold of Siddy, or Liam Rosenior for the evening? it would have evened things up.

Think Liam might have a been a bit pre-occupied with Derby vs West Brom..

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Awful pundit but regardless of that, just how he managed to keep his job after this incident is beyond me...

Carragher_Spit.png

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Gary Neville showing how it should be done when commenting on the team you support (Villa match currently on). He thought the ref and VAR ref ‘fell for’ Fernandez’ fall for the penalty. Called it correctly as he saw it.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
And yet Liverpool fans all over Twatter seem to think he's a Manchester United-loving, Scouser-hating knobhead :shrug:

ManU fans often hate Tyler, accusing him of being a ManC and Guardiola fanboy ..... Agueeeeero. Allegedly drooling over their football as THE best ever.
Evertonians are convinced he’s Liverpool ........ Gerraaaaaard.

Summed up by.

0996C7C2-A2D9-4E66-AB28-8A3C0CE67837.png

Tyler must be doing something right by making hypersensitive types across a load of big clubs paranoid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here