Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jamie Ashdown - Pompey Goalkeeper

British Grenadier

I hate P*rtsm**th
Jan 15, 2012
Hanover
To be honest I don't know how good or bad they are, or who they play for. I know even less about their circumstances / contracts, I was just asking the question.

I'm sure that if Gus can attract them, then they might be interested.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
What with living in Littlehampton and this town being split half Pompey, half Albion I hear a lot of Pompey fans raving about Jamie Ashdown. What with them going down, and him I would think wanting championship football maybe a good shout for a keeper. After watching football league show this morning and seeing other shows before he certainll looks pretty good. Can someone let Gus know, as for all his qualities as a manager, he seems to have a mental blip when he signs keepers.

We need better

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Well Kucszack is out of contract in June and Fergie is letting him go, he wants regular football and we can give him that.

Newspaper said the other day, the Ipswich were going to land him. Though if we offered Utd a small fee now? guessing Ipswich would pay more in wages?

As unlikely as it may be, what with Gus Spurs connections how about Hurelio Gomes on a season long loan, he's 3rd choice now at spurs

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Not actually much, if any, better than what we have IMO.

I wondered yesterday if Brez being selected was his chance to say "goodbye". I'm guessing we will have a clearer picture next weekend because if Anks is selected it seems reasonable to suggest that both will go (and Gonzalez?).From memory all three are out of contract. It certainly seems likely that we will have one new keeper next season but what chance there will be two or even three? And what chance we might have a new goalkeeping coach as well? Surely if we are in such crisis in one position there must be an issue with the quality of the coaching.

It`s not goals conceded that has been the problem this season, it`s lack of goals scored ,we need decent strikers.
:albion2:

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
It`s not goals conceded that has been the problem this season, it`s lack of goals scored ,we need decent strikers.

It's some of the goals we have conceded that's the problem, Leeds' last minute equaliser and Blackpool's late equaliser to name 2.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

I think its both MN, our keepers have cost us games and points this year. Ankergren at Boro, Ankergren for second Darren Ambrose Palace goal (fell over), Brez at West Ham first couple. A top keeper (over what we have) could be worth 10 points a season, just as much as a top goal scoring striker. If we get both sorted I really do feel optimisitc

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
As unlikely as it may be, what with Gus Spurs connections how about Hurelio Gomes on a season long loan, he's 3rd choice now at spurs

Like this, has a lot of experience which could do a lot of good, but even though its a loan, he would have high wages, which we probably couldnt pay unlike......

We won't be able to afford his wages.

Kucszack, would have thought he would be around the Vicente wage level myself - and i would have thought TB would increase the wage budget for next season anyway, so we are able to try and go for Premier League players.

Other option is Alex Smithies (England U21 and Huddersfield - wouldnt have high wages but may need to pay a bit) and Tom Heaton (ex-United at Cardiff and contract runs out in June, hasnt been given a chance there, but when he has played in the Carling Cup, he did a pretty good job).

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Steve Harper?

May be willing to move for a permanent contract.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
why did big sam buy henderson what is he going to use him for he's already got green and an average number 2

Green out of contract at the end of the season, unless West Ham go up his gone, Henderson steps up to number 1

Personally we should get Boffin on a free who West Ham just terminated contract off

The screamer

NSC's biggest geek
Apr 2, 2010
Portsmouth
I thought Ashdown was good at the Amex but My Pompey mate thinks hes terrible!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here