Jamie Ashdown - Pompey Goalkeeper

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arfurfuxsake

Apr 28, 2008
Littlehampton
What with living in Littlehampton and this town being split half Pompey, half Albion I hear a lot of Pompey fans raving about Jamie Ashdown. What with them going down, and him I would think wanting championship football maybe a good shout for a keeper. After watching football league show this morning and seeing other shows before he certainll looks pretty good. Can someone let Gus know, as for all his qualities as a manager, he seems to have a mental blip when he signs keepers.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Thing is though, if he was that good how come he was second choice to Henderson till they had to sell him to WHU?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Not a bad shout, is he out of contract ?

Pompey will need a major squad overhaul to reduce wages for next season.

Arfurfuxsake

Apr 28, 2008
Littlehampton
Thing is though, if he was that good how come he was second choice to Henderson till they had to sell him to WHU?
That is the opinion of 1 Man- the manager. He has been a very pleasant surprise to all I have spoken to (fans wise). Maybe he needed the chance and has taken it. Obviously I dont know the real reason as I wouldnt set foot in that dump more than I had to.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Talk of the Albion cherry picking Pompey's players, who'd have thunk it three years ago?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Where does he live, then, Clun Road?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
We should have gone in for Henderson before fat Sam got his hands on him.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Not actually much, if any, better than what we have IMO.

I wondered yesterday if Brez being selected was his chance to say "goodbye". I'm guessing we will have a clearer picture next weekend because if Anks is selected it seems reasonable to suggest that both will go (and Gonzalez?).From memory all three are out of contract. It certainly seems likely that we will have one new keeper next season but what chance there will be two or even three? And what chance we might have a new goalkeeping coach as well? Surely if we are in such crisis in one position there must be an issue with the quality of the coaching.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Don't rate Ashdown, too inconsistent. Wasn't that good in the game at the Amex. No thanks.

British Grenadier

I hate P*rtsm**th
Jan 15, 2012
Hanover
Federici looked good and had to make some excellent saves but I guess Reading will be keeping him.

Who else could we look at?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
If my memory serves me right I believe Keeley is/was the goalkeeping coach at Pompey. coincedence (spell check that) maybe?

Yes, he is. Ashdown is pretty good at driving taxis too.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
why did big sam buy henderson what is he going to use him for he's already got green and an average number 2

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports