Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

James Wilson

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
Reports are that Mourinho doesn't fancy Fosu-Mensah, and is planning on releasing him. I do find this highly unlikely but he'd be great, especially as he can play anywhere across defence.

Would love Borthwick-Jackson too, as we know how important he is as LB cover (especially for a certain poster with around 55k posts), but he features in Mourinho's plans :down: also Paddy McNair is available

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
That's tantamount to saying you'd have JFC over Vicente.

I'd be tempted. Aside from looking really good and providing major excitement, you could count the games that Vicente had a major impact on for us on one hand.

Having said that, I wouldn't mind Wilson back. I'm not sure it's an either/or with Baldock anyway.

Come to think of it I'd probably have Vicente back.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I'd be tempted. Aside from looking really good and providing major excitement, you could count the games that Vicente had a major impact on for us on one hand.

Having said that, I wouldn't mind Wilson back. I'm not sure it's an either/or with Baldock anyway.

Come to think of it I'd probably have Vicente back.

The other players weren't on the same wave length as Vicente, Vicente Barnes and CMS in the same team was a joke tbh. With a couple of decent forwards in front of him we would of scored bucket loads of goals.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I'd take him back - there's a lot more to come from him and as others have said we he wasn't well last season. I'd rather we benefitted from his talent than one of our rivals and I think he fits well with the way we play.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Wilson certainly had something about him when he first played for us (and something around him on another couple of occasions :sick:), but he is only young and will have learnt a lot from last season.

He is also different to our other three strikers and could compliment each of them. So it's a yes from me :thumbsup:

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
He will only get better, I think we saw a 60% fit Wilson last year, no doubt he has talent.

Are you telling me that C H played a 60% fit player for most of the season. Then that's why we missed out on promotion. Recon we need to consider a change of manager if that's the case.
I'm sorry but it doesn't wash with me, He was not good enough to warrant us obtaining his services for the coming season.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Are you telling me that C H played a 60% fit player for most of the season.

Yup. Absolutely. What was the alternative? Play BZ with his knees knackered? Recall COG? Let Baldock run around ducking headers and 'running off the ball' for a whole game instead of doing what his job description of 'striker' implies? Wilson was one sick boy for all of 2016 segment of the season, no matter what PB's mini-me tells us and what CH doesn't tell us. Not that any of our so-called journalists had the balls to ask CH outright. Truth will out at some point, but most of us trusted in the evidence of our own eyes. That boy was SICK. And looked very much a quality player before he got sick.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Yup. Absolutely. What was the alternative? Play BZ with his knees knackered? Recall COG? Let Baldock run around ducking headers and 'running off the ball' for a whole game instead of doing what his job description of 'striker' implies? Wilson was one sick boy for all of 2016 segment of the season, no matter what PB's mini-me tells us and what CH doesn't tell us. Not that any of our so-called journalists had the balls to ask CH outright. Truth will out at some point, but most of us trusted in the evidence of our own eyes. That boy was SICK. And looked very much a quality player before he got sick.

Tend to agree here. The player who scored against Derby and Charlton was not the same player who came back after illness at Xmas. Something was wrong I believe, although I guess we wont know. The player from the early loan spell would enhance our forward line.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

Home SICK

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Yup - whether it was 60, 70 or 80% I don't know, but he went down with something and never fully recovered before the end of the season.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yup - whether it was 60, 70 or 80% I don't know, but he went down with something and never fully recovered before the end of the season.

mmm . . . have posted twice on this . . .had it myself . . . lasted for months but never bad enough to justify a sick note . . . I hope Wilson returns - he is class, and because so many folk think he's a waster, we might get him on tthe cheap. :cheers:

MF'84

A load of Bolanos
Jul 26, 2012
Derbyshire
I would definitely take him back. He knows the club, the players and the coaching staff and we know he's more than good enough for this division when 'well'.

Much better (and cheaper if only a loan) option than taking a punt on an unproven overseas player for a few million quid which may-or-may-not work out thus freeing up funds for other positions.

If we've got someone 'better' lined up then fair enough but I just don't think we have (or will).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here