Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] James McClean

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
image.jpeg
[MENTION=1483]London Irish[/MENTION] still searching for the racist post. :smile:

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
That's typical Northern Irish humour, it a joke ffs! what's ironic is it's the little Englanders who complain about political correctness and call people snowflakes that get triggered by him.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Signed for Wrexham 😳

(Down two divisions)

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Signed for Wrexham 😳

(Down two divisions)
Actually one division - Wigan were relegated last season.

It's actually a very good move for him - and for Wrexham. The guy is 34 - way past his sell-by date as an international player (and I always felt he was over-rated) - but he is good enough to do a decent job with Wrexham. He will emerge as a fans favourite as he always does give 100% and he wears his heart on his sleeve. I also suspect that location had something to do with this - he has played for teams in a fairly narrow geographical range for the past ten years - Wigan, WBA, Stoke, Wigan again and now Wrexham - and by all accounts his family are very settled in the area where they live.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Actually one division - Wigan were relegated last season.

It's actually a very good move for him - and for Wrexham. The guy is 34 - way past his sell-by date as an international player (and I always felt he was over-rated) - but he is good enough to do a decent job with Wrexham. He will emerge as a fans favourite as he always does give 100% and he wears his heart on his sleeve. I also suspect that location had something to do with this - he has played for teams in a fairly narrow geographical range for the past ten years - Wigan, WBA, Stoke, Wigan again and now Wrexham - and by all accounts his family are very settled in the area where they live.
I agree, probably a very good signing for Wrexham, certainly a player with plenty of experience playing in much higher divisions.

However his Irish republican leanings don't endear me to him as a person. Having said that Shane Duffy was a legend to me, so what do l know!

McClean’s wife Erin, also a native of Derry, issued a lengthy statement on both Twitter and Instagram where she wrote that while she and James are not affected by the barrage of abuse they've received for nearly a decade, she is concerned for the couple's three young children.

“Of course we have tried as hard as possible to keep them away from it all," Erin wrote, "but there has been times we are out shopping and there is people making remarks towards James in front of the kids.

“We can take the name calling and the rest but what we cannot accept is threatening our family home and our children’s lives. They don’t deserve this.

"Why after 9 years of constant abuse should we be ok and have to accept receiving these threats constantly.

"People ask me how do you deal with it and I always say ah we’re well used to that now but why should we be? Why should we have to read messages like that daily for almost a decade.

We’ve been spat at, shouted at, nights out have been ruined by people making remarks towards him. I even remember once someone threatened him saying they were taking a gun with them to a certain match and I can still remember watching that match in absolute fear on the tv.”

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
McClean’s wife Erin, also a native of Derry, issued a lengthy statement on both Twitter and Instagram where she wrote that while she and James are not affected by the barrage of abuse they've received for nearly a decade, she is concerned for the couple's three young children.

“Of course we have tried as hard as possible to keep them away from it all," Erin wrote, "but there has been times we are out shopping and there is people making remarks towards James in front of the kids.

“We can take the name calling and the rest but what we cannot accept is threatening our family home and our children’s lives. They don’t deserve this.

"Why after 9 years of constant abuse should we be ok and have to accept receiving these threats constantly.

"People ask me how do you deal with it and I always say ah we’re well used to that now but why should we be? Why should we have to read messages like that daily for almost a decade.

We’ve been spat at, shouted at, nights out have been ruined by people making remarks towards him. I even remember once someone threatened him saying they were taking a gun with them to a certain match and I can still remember watching that match in absolute fear on the tv.”
A bit late for that

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
You think that justifies abusing his kids in the street? And to think we had people wondering where the racism was against McClean
I think using his kids as a prop like that and putting them on social media is irresponsible, yes.

Various celebrities hide their kids from public and even the gutter press paparazzi can’t publish their pictures.

I hope you never watch Derry Girls, plenty of balaclava jokes for you to clutch your pearls at there too. But we all know it’s about finding any reason to have a racist pop at the bloke

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I hope you never watch Derry Girls, plenty of balaclava jokes for you to clutch your pearls at there too. But we all know it’s about finding any reason to have a racist pop at the bloke
Who’s been racist?

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
One of the most worthwhile things I’ve done over the past few years is learn a bit about Irish history. It certainly helps understanding the Irish perspective.
Yep, I think he's been quite restrained considering. I genuinely don't understand the bile he receives. Ireland has been shat on repeatedly by the English over centuries.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here