Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] James McAtee - Bid rejected

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It's almost as if we hadn't got a system for bringing our own youngsters through U16s, U18s, U23s and eventually the first team ....................

He would be an U23 to bring through though

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
"Not for sale at any price"

They don't need the money, can only see it happening if he forces it but sounds like Pep wants to keep him.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
They would need the money if they still wanted to buy Harry Kane. They'd need to raise some cash through sales and selling off younger players is very much in their business model, although I think they're likely to want a buyback clause like Chelsea wanted in the Livramento deal that we ultimately didn't do.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
"Not for sale at any price"

They don't need the money, can only see it happening if he forces it but sounds like Pep wants to keep him.

As a young player it must be double difficult to break though at City. Even a player as good as Jadon Sancho had to move on to get his chance.

I suspect we will be a very tempting option for the lad, our excellent recent record of blooding youngsters will be a weighty factor.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
As a young player it must be double difficult to break though at City. Even a player as good as Jadon Sancho had to move on to get his chance.

I suspect we will be a very tempting option for the lad, our excellent recent record of blooding youngsters will be a weighty factor.
Less tempting for youngsters if we keep doing this - working their way up through the youth ranks, only to have the club fork out millions of pounds to bring in someone to queue jump them!

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A mate of mine's dad used to be the script editor for Granada TV's 'The Dustbin men' and he says the lad's shitehouse.

Here'sWally

Sep 27, 2021
My cat has been doing the dirty with a City supporting neighbours cat, but he hasn't said anything because he's a cat and can't talk.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
Less tempting for youngsters if we keep doing this - working their way up through the youth ranks, only to have the club fork out millions of pounds to bring in someone to queue jump them!

Teddy Jenks must be loving life at Aberdeen.All the homophobic abuse,not being a regular starter and all the time knowing that his chances of ever making the team here are virtually zilch!!

18 months ago he was training with the first-team squad!!

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Mates a city fan and says he's the real deal, along with Cole Palmer probably the hottest prospect in their academy but wants a clear path to first team football. Problem City have is their academy is stacked, but so is their first team. Chelsea have a similar problem.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
As long as we don't give MC a Fee that's too big.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here