James Corden v Sir Patrick Stewart

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Two people representing their generations surely? One has worked hard building a reputation slowly but surely over many years. The other is getting rich quickly and appearing on anything and everything note even remotely related to his original talent because fame today may only last 5mins.

Fair enough Corden may not be the most wonderfully talented person in the world but regardless of previous work was there any need for Stewart to be so rude? He tried to make a funny remark (which totally failed) and Corden gave it back as comedians do. Corden does come across a bit aggressive but Stewart was being a dick. And for what it's worth I think Gavin & Stacey is rather brilliant a fact that gets forgotten whenever the Corden bashing begins.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Alot of people being harsh on Corden here. Somebody took the piss out of him, pretended he didn't know who he was and made a really crap gag about his weight and he stuck up for himself. Don't really see what he did wrong? Whether you like his work or not I can't see how you think he's in the wrong here.

Agreed.
From what I've seen on the clips, Stewart tried to say something clever and came up WOEFULLY short, and ended up looking like a tit.

I'm not Cordens biggest fan by any means, but fair playto him for sticking up for himself. Star Trek is shit anyway.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Patrick Stewart the HERO!!!! ABSOLUTE LEGEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love him even more now. Sticking it to that prick.

100% correct. Patrick Stewart is a legend. This incident has just made Corden look like even more of a twat in my eyes. Never thought the guy was funny in the first place.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
What Stewart said to him in not so many words is to try and be a bit more professional and look interested and get his hands out of his pockets. That's basic manners is it not?

Corden fired back, swore and said at award ceremonies you just F*(king get on with it. There is no need to swear and definitely no place for the F word. It makes people look ignorant.

On the other hand Stewart is in the wrong too, references about someone's weight is wrong.

However none of this would have happend, if Corden just showed a little bit of manners and stopped acting like a fool in the first place.
Watch the full clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyNvyn0mBXY

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Looks like two people who both believe their own publicity and have both ended up looking like knobs - Karma

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
It's all a bit cringey. stewart is acting like a twat and cordon didn't do a very good job of putting him in his place. I guess he's not a stand-up so he hasn't really got it in his locker, but you get the feeling if that was someone witty, like jimmy carr for instance, they would've destroyed stewart in about two seconds.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I really don't understand the hatred towards Corden, why do people hate him so much? He's just a man trying to make the most out of what he has..Also people conveniently forget his charity work.

You may not like the man, that is fair enough, but calling him a c*nt and a twat? Really?

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
I really don't understand the hatred towards Corden, why do people hate him so much? He's just a man trying to make the most out of what he has..Also people conveniently forget his charity work.

You may not like the man, that is fair enough, but calling him a c*nt and a twat? Really?

He is the latest celeb isn't he. I just get bored with the lot of them. He will be gone in a couple of years till the next one pops up.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I expect they'll both be feeling a bit embarassed about it today as they've both ended up looking stupid.
Stewart had a go at Corden for looking uniterested (fair enough as Corden was probably only there for the pay cheque), but should've just let it go at that. The more it went on the more cringing it got.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Agreed.
From what I've seen on the clips, Stewart tried to say something clever and came up WOEFULLY short, and ended up looking like a tit.

I'm not Cordens biggest fan by any means, but fair playto him for sticking up for himself. Star Trek is shit anyway.

:ohmy:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
The nsc clique anti Corden bandwagon gathers more and more pace everyday.

The bloke is funny and is just putting himself out there.

Makes me laugh the usuals copying the usuals.

Go back a few months and the usuals would be copying the usuals licking Cordens arse.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
The nsc clique anti Corden bandwagon gathers more and more pace everyday.

The bloke is funny and is just putting himself out there.

Makes me laugh the usuals copying the usuals.

Go back a few months and the usuals would be copying the usuals licking Cordens arse.

I'm not sure that that's fair with regards to Corden. I would suggest that most people thought pretty well of hi in the early days of Gavin and Stacey and then went off him when his other 'work' started (eg. Horne and Corden, every quiz show ever) - where it became clear (to me at least) that he was quite an annoying character. I still really like Gavin and Stacey, so it's not necessarily jumping on a bandwagon of hate. You can only judge on what is put in front of you and with Corden it's been an increasingly annoying fat man persona.

As for Stewart v Corden - I wanted to blame Corden but I have no idea what Stewart was doing.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It was a silly spat that went too far, why wasn't someone shouting in to Cordon's earpiece to calm down and get back to the job ?

As for the anti-Cordon "mafia ", lets just see who is still in the public eye in about 20 years ?

For those of you slagging off Corden I feel you are being a bit harsh. He is actually a very good actor, anyone seen the film "All or Nothing" where Timothy Spall play's an ex-cab driver and his Dad?. He was fooking excellent and is also pretty good In Gavin and Stacey...

Ask for Stewart he is a... MONUMENTAL f*** WIT. He can't act and Star Treck is absolute turd anyway and the way he say's "belly" at the end of his so called gag makes him sound like he has some kind of flab fetish. Both looked stupid however Stewart just came across as the uncomfortable, awkward guy who can't tell a decent joke.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Corden is an utter cock. Gavin and Stacey was good - however I am so bored of watching him bury himself up any sporting celebrity's arse.

That f***ing sports quiz show he hosts on Sky is the fundamental reason i think he is such a twat. Banging his fat over-size hands on the desk with that fake cackling laugh makes me retch. Jamie Redknapp could read a list of postcodes and that fat, vacous fuckup would squawk with laughter just because a famous person said something.

What a f***ing ****.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
well it's pretty clear that Patrick Stewart was tanked up and is probably really quite ashamed and embarrassed about the way he conducted himself. Corden was a bit of a fool for rising to it, and, once he had risen to it, was not witty enough to land a killer blow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports