Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jake Humphrey - what a tool

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
that thing that has vanished from modern society: Balance?

Zaha-Grealish.jpg

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I agree with this assessment, but to be honest, the focus of our annoyance on JH is pretty unjust.

My (25 year) experience of listening in to live sports broadcasting (while I press the buttons to control the timing / scoring graphics) means that personally I expect 95% of the blame for the narrative lies with the producer.

JH will have had zero control over which bits of VT they were going to run, for the pundits to discuss. His only 'crime' in my view was to lead with his opinion, rather than a neutral "So Rio, this challenge on Leno - any blame with the striker, for you?"

It was just odd how opinionated he was. Even Lineker, a great player with an astute enough mind plays the neutral host on matters he may clearly know as much or more about than the pundits to which he is addressing. Quite where Humphries felt the need to get quite so worked up and animated was beyond me really.

Great to be talking shite about football again though, suddenly the doom and the gloom of the world is in the background as we focus in on a Humphries post match hosting debacle. Beautiful.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Is it time for us to start RTing that tweet again yet?

We’ve got them soon, wait until then. Just incase :lolol:

Norwich fans are a weird breed, on another forum I use a few people were talking about how they’re pretty much a waste of a PL place and show absolutely no ambition once they get in the league. A week passes and they sign Kabak & Normann on loan - the resident Norwich fan comes back all bullish, genuinely believing that this proves everyone was wrong about their lack of ambition. Two loan signings. In a window they sold their best best player. You couldn’t write it.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Norwich fans are a weird breed, on another forum I use a few people were talking about how they’re pretty much a waste of a PL place and show absolutely no ambition once they get in the league. A week passes and they sign Kabak & Normann on loan - the resident Norwich fan comes back all bullish, genuinely believing that this proves everyone was wrong about their lack of ambition. Two loan signings. In a window they sold their best best player. You couldn’t write it.
That’s very diplomatic:)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Norwich have had a tough first four games - Liverpool, City, Leicester and Arsenal, I wonder how many points we’d have come away with

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is it time for us to start RTing that tweet again yet?

I guess that depends on how pathetic people are feeling

'come on everybody let's get all pissy knickers with the 'famous' man who was really happy when his team got promoted'.

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth

I don’t think the most active prem club in the transfer market can be accused of lack of ambition

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...war-without-gun-inside-story-norwichs-11-new/

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Usually - yes.

But Shirley you can't see the 'joy' in dragging up one shite tweet from 4 (?) years ago, made by a poor man's Mark Pougatch, on the one day he was actually happy and had an audience.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Usually - yes.

But Shirley you can't see the 'joy' in dragging up one shite tweet from 4 (?) years ago, made by a poor man's Mark Pougatch, on the one day he was actually happy and had an audience.
And we were genuinely shit when he wrote it.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And we were genuinely shit when he wrote it.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Careful now.
When Connolly is lifting the Champions League trophy, in 6 seasons time, you'll get all the pearl clutchers replying to that post:-

'who's shit now?'

As they sit back in the chair with the knowing smile of a job well done.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Usually - yes.

I was being facetious, I agree with you actually. It was a poor comment from JH but on the whole I can forgive him as I quite like the feller and he isn't the worst presenter imo.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I don’t think the most active prem club in the transfer market can be accused of lack of ambition

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...war-without-gun-inside-story-norwichs-11-new/

Of course they can, if a Premier League club signed 30 non-league players you wouldn’t be praising them for showing ambition, would you? Quality > Quantity. You’ve sold your best player for £35,000,000, lost Skipp too and whilst you’ve signed 11 players when you break it down it’s absolute shite.

2 loans from last season converted to permanent transfers - don’t improve your team.
2 loans with an option to buy - presumably not activated when/if you go down.
2 loans from the big 6. I don’t think a loan with no option/obligation to buy can ever be ambitious

So that leaves; Rashica, Tzolis, Sargent, Melou & Gunn. Rashica & Tzolis both look decent signings on paper, don’t think either of them will set the league alight but both of them are sensible signings. I don’t know a single thing about Melou if I’m honest and Sargent/Gunn are both back-up who will hardly start this season. There’s 11 players there but let’s be honest, it’ll be a miracle if Norwich stay up with arguably a weaker starting XI than they had last season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here