Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jack Wilshere

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Really? He's going to either Bournemouth or palace, correctly called by me a bottom 5-6 prem club which is his level. Probably be in the champ next year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Doesn't matter where he's going.

High profile foreign clubs made inquiries which shows he is a quality player.

Wilshire has a very young family. The sensible choice is a loan move to a southern team, low down in the table where he will be guaranteed a start, which is what appears to be happening.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
To be fair a fit Wiltshire is different class to anything that bmuff or Palace have, (probably 50% fit is as well), so can't blame them
For trying to get him. One of the best players I have seen live and he needs to get fit and back for England. I don't care where he goes, just needs to get some game time and would improve any team, if fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
He better not go to palace. When fit and playing he's an excellent player. If Roma are interested he should go there, his game would be improved far more than going to a mid or low ranking premier league team. Unfortunately the paper suggests he'd rather stay in the premier league which, frankly, is very disappointing.

I'm not so sure. At Palace he would be the centre of that team under a manager who is as chummy as they come. It might be perfect for Wilshire at this stage.

If it was a permanent move then of course a team of Roma's standard would be more beneficial.

This move isn't so much trying to improve Wilshire's ability which is apparent to see when fit. It's about building up the fitness, game time and confidence. Sadly, Palace may be the place to do that.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I'm not so sure. At Palace he would be the centre of that team under a manager who is as chummy as they come. It might be perfect for Wilshire at this stage.

If it was a permanent move then of course a team of Roma's standard would be more beneficial.

This move isn't so much trying to improve Wilshire's ability which is apparent to see when fit. It's about building up the fitness, game time and confidence. Sadly, Palace may be the place to do that.

I think all that can be done at Roma with the added benefit he would spend a season learning how to play in and against different styles and systems. He's done the lower prem loan at Bolton, he's young enough to be able to continue learning and improving. The only issue would be, I guess, game time but if he's able to adapt then he'd get plenty of game time at Roma. I want him to challenge himself. Palace, Bournemouth, Watford etc is the easiest of easy options. Why settle for being the centre of Palace's team when he can be the centre or England's?

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Whilst Wiltsheres body is fragile, a lot of his problems are lifestyle related and that's unlikely to change. Good player on his day, but those days are rarer than rocking horse shit

Agree 100%, Wiltshire is at a crossroads in the career, He really needs to sort out his off the field issues first then get on with his football.Very good player but it looks like the talent will all go to waste to me.

Not fussed either way if he comes to Palace or not.

SAC

May 21, 2014
I think all that can be done at Roma with the added benefit he would spend a season learning how to play in and against different styles and systems. He's done the lower prem loan at Bolton, he's young enough to be able to continue learning and improving. The only issue would be, I guess, game time but if he's able to adapt then he'd get plenty of game time at Roma. I want him to challenge himself. Palace, Bournemouth, Watford etc is the easiest of easy options. Why settle for being the centre of Palace's team when he can be the centre or England's?

So few English players will push themselves by playing abroad (unless it is at the end of their career), it's a real shame.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So few English players will push themselves by playing abroad (unless it is at the end of their career), it's a real shame.

Agree.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
l.

I'd say regular game time in a less physical, and foreign, league with a warmer climate would be perfect for building fitness and confidence.

CherryInHove

Apr 16, 2015
Rumours that Bournemouth are now going in for Knockaert which suggests that Wilshere is definitely going to Roma.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Agree 100%, Wiltshire is at a crossroads in the career, He really needs to sort out his off the field issues first then get on with his football.Very good player but it looks like the talent will all go to waste to me.

Not fussed either way if he comes to Palace or not.
Really? I would be sooooooo excited if was linked to us, and equally horrified if he went to you!! Cant help thinking the change will do him good.. would be great signing that might lift others as well. I get that you may have other priorities/needs but an opportunity to sign someone of his class would be brill wouldn't it? yes a gamble given his fitness, but even half a season would be great.. cant believe we have a 9 page thread on a player that is not coming here, and is never likely to!!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I'd say regular game time in a less physical, and foreign, league with a warmer climate would be perfect for building fitness and confidence.

That's a very valid point. It's hardly like its gone swimmingly here so why not change climate, diet, style of play and see if that gets him a full season.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Probably be Palace then. He's daft enough, and they're daft enough to pay a giant wedge for a guy they'll get a dozen games out of a season. Bring it on!

I really want this to happen so that i can laugh that they are spending 80K a week someone that will manage to play 4 times in a season.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Really? I would be sooooooo excited if was linked to us, and equally horrified if he went to you!! Cant help thinking the change will do him good.. would be great signing that might lift others as well. I get that you may have other priorities/needs but an opportunity to sign someone of his class would be brill wouldn't it? yes a gamble given his fitness, but even half a season would be great.. cant believe we have a 9 page thread on a player that is not coming here, and is never likely to!!

Undoubtedly a talent but I just feel his fitness record doesn't warranty the outlay.

Hope wherever he goes he turns himself around and plays a full season.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Undoubtedly a talent but I just feel his fitness record doesn't warranty the outlay.

You've dropped into a distant 3rd with the bookies to sign him. I guess the lesson is not to do the 'Selhurst Tour' till after he has signed the dotted line - worked with Adebayor!

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Rumours that Bournemouth are now going in for Knockaert which suggests that Wilshere is definitely going to Roma.

Apparently Lee Grant is moving from Derby to Stoke, so that should free up Edinson Cavani to move to Scunthorpe.

#NoLogic

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

I get that, and from Englands perspective game time is crucial.. This is not a cheap shot, but if the odds/gossip are correct, why do Palace fans think he would choose Bournemouth rather than Palace? Not interested in lots of "Selhurst" comments from BHA fans, just find it bemusing that Bournemouth is apparently a more attractive option than another London club with arguably similar prospects in the PL. is it money, style of play, the managers? Genuine question...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here