Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jack Hinshelwood [9/4/24: new deal to 2028]

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
He said in the interview he probably intended to go bottom left. A nice honest lad too 🙂. Nice to see how hard he hit it, no stopping that.

I actually groaned when he first hit it as I thought he’d skied it into row z 😂

The Colonel

Sep 4, 2023
He’ll be wasted as a RB in RDZs current system IMO - he’s clearly a box to box FB but how do we use that position in De Zerbi’s DNA? That’s usually LB’s/Pervis’s job while the RB stays a bit deeper - perhaps using Baleba as a sweeper to protect the CBs so we have a box to box on each side? Alternatively if we can hang on to him long enough he could easily be a central midfielder replacement for Gross.

I agree with your view of what RDZ has done with us to date, but do we only keep our right back a bit deeper because that suits the players he inherited (i.e. Veltman)? If he was building a squad from scratch, maybe RDZ would buy two box to box full backs? In which case your Baleba plan could be a good one. We haven't yet seen Hinshelwood and Pervis start together as full backs, when they do that'll probably tell us what RDZ's ultimate philosophy is.

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
Superb from Jack. The run of games is doing him wonders.

This the reason why I think ferguson should be getting as many minutes as possible. His goals per minutes played stat is up there with the best in the league.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Not inconceivable now that when Veltman is fit, Hinsh challenges Gilmour for a place in centre mid. And i'm a big Gilmour fan. He's certainly 3rd choice in my view

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Not inconceivable now that when Veltman is fit, Hinsh challenges Gilmour for a place in centre mid. And i'm a big Gilmour fan. He's certainly 3rd choice in my view
Billy has been immense. His default setting (like Gross) is excellent rather than average with good games.

Hinsh is going to be an England mainstay.

Sea Cider

Dec 27, 2012
He is incredible. I’m stunned by how good and consistent he is for one so young, inexperienced and playing out of position.

We have some very talented teenagers but I think he could be the best of the lot. And he’s one of our own!
It's just so fantastic to see, completely agree with all of this!

You could see a world where, with a large helping of good luck, he becomes the next Dunk (long serving club legend that is, not imperious centre back)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here