[Albion] Jack Hinshelwood [9/4/24: new deal to 2028]

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Definitely starting to believe I was very wrong with this one. Would love to see him start playing in his proper position !

I like de zerbis gross comparison. He can't run , he's not that strong or big. But he is just so smart that it just works.
Starting to believe?! Ah well, at least you didn't repeatedly write him off as 'not good enough' in countless posts on here.

Oh... :eek:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Definitely starting to believe I was very wrong with this one. Would love to see him start playing in his proper position !

I like de zerbis gross comparison. He can't run , he's not that strong or big. But he is just so smart that it just works.

Except Hinshelwood is about 6ft tall and doesn't seem in any way slow. Sure, he's a little skinny but no doubt he'll fill out a bit in the coming years.

DZ's comparison was about their football intelligence, technique, versatility and awareness. Not any lack of physical attributes.

Fair play for admitting you were wrong (even if the facts had already proved you wrong).

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Except Hinshelwood is about 6ft tall and doesn't seem in any way slow. Sure, he's a little skinny but no doubt he'll fill out a bit in the coming years.

DZ's comparison was about their football intelligence, technique, versatility and awareness. Not any lack of physical attributes.

Fair play for admitting you were wrong (even if the facts had already proved you wrong).
For an 18 year old, he’s far from skinny! He could end up having an Igor-like physique by his early 20s.

The Colonel

Sep 4, 2023
What an exceptional couple of months for JH. 18 years old, out of position and thrown into the hardest league in the world in a team with a unique and demanding style of play. And not only has he barely put a foot wrong, he's become a genuine threat from right back. For me he's been one of the highlights of this season. I wonder if he's already so good at right back that it will become his 'proper' position and we'll never see him in midfield as he'll simply continue to develop as a modern full back.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Fantastic performance from the lad. Felt for him a bit in the post match amazon interview. Whatever her name was, constant barage about age and just generally annoying questions to him and milner. He did alright though tbf

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
had a horrible dream last night that he signed for city in january. don’t think it’s going to take a genius to interpret the subliminal message of that one

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Fantastic performance from the lad. Felt for him a bit in the post match amazon interview. Whatever her name was, constant barage about age and just generally annoying questions to him and milner. He did alright though tbf
Yeah... I'm getting a bit fed up with the plucky Brighton, age, style etc interviews. We just played great... thank you,👍

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
What an exceptional couple of months for JH. 18 years old, out of position and thrown into the hardest league in the world in a team with a unique and demanding style of play. And not only has he barely put a foot wrong, he's become a genuine threat from right back. For me he's been one of the highlights of this season. I wonder if he's already so good at right back that it will become his 'proper' position and we'll never see him in midfield as he'll simply continue to develop as a modern full back.
Not at all for me - he's breaking into the team but he's a central midfielder and for me, he will be a top CM for many years to come. I think he's a proper player and a proper CM.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Not at all for me - he's breaking into the team but he's a central midfielder and for me, he will be a top CM for many years to come. I think he's a proper player and a proper CM.
And in the modern BHA style, supremely versatile.

even has heading ability, a rarity for us.

The Colonel

Sep 4, 2023

He certainly looks like he has everything required to play either position. It's the modern way to have ball players with technique and attacking intent who would usually be more suited to midfield playing at full back which is why I think there's a chance he might stay there. He's also got defensive strengths, best seen in the game in Athens where we were under a lot of pressure and he made several crucial blocks and headers. He could be a top class full back for 15 years based on what I've seen so far. But if he's even better in midfield, great, I can't wait to see it.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Not only that, but he's also seemingly won DWAYNE over. Something no-one ever saw coming, the way they carried on about him :lolol:

mile oak

May 21, 2023
I thought he was good coming forward and clearly positioned himself well and Rottenham defence dreadfully for his goal. Defensively was often exposed but up against some quality players so I think taking that into account a 7/10 performance.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
He’ll be wasted as a RB in RDZs current system IMO - he’s clearly a box to box FB but how do we use that position in De Zerbi’s DNA? That’s usually LB’s/Pervis’s job while the RB stays a bit deeper - perhaps using Baleba as a sweeper to protect the CBs so we have a box to box on each side? Alternatively if we can hang on to him long enough he could easily be a central midfielder replacement for Gross.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here