Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Izquierdo at the end of the game

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
I'd like to see him on the right and get in behind the fullback rather than just cutting inside
This. Should spend time going down the outside and crossing with his left. Also think he could try playing right wing every now and then a la West Ham goal.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Makes things happen. And we don’t have many players that can do that.

Solly’s game fell apart in the last 20 minutes. Not sure if it was nerves or tiredness but he was fortunate Watford didn’t exploit his wastefulness with the ball.

If I was Izquierdo watching that, I’d be hacked off not to get on earlier.

Anyway, who wants a player that’s all smiles when they’re not involved. That would be more of an indictment of their character than being fed up. Seems like some have rose-tinted specs for local boy Solly and/or a hang up about Jose’s price tag. He’s always done pretty well from what I’ve seen.

Agree Neither Solly or AK are pulling up trees. Izquierdo needs game time and is certainly as capable as the other two. Start him against Chelsea and give him at least the 70 minutes that others are given when starting. If he plays well against a top team then give him more game time. CH sees him in training so it is his call, but any player who is the top money buy would feel bad about limited chances to perform when others in the same position are not performing to the best of their potential.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Will we see Izquierdo at the end of the match today? I suspect he’ll make the bench, it would be amazing to see him back on the pitch for 5 or 10 mins!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It was exactly three years ago today when he scored this, the best team goal I've ever seen Albion score live:

[tweet]1359402974343290881[/tweet]

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
It was exactly three years ago today when he scored this, the best team goal I've ever seen Albion score live:

Nope. Not bored of watching that yet

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
But I thought we just hoofed it under Hughton... Arguably the best goal I've ever seen us score.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

Am I watching Barcelona or Brighton?

One of the best lines ever from WA

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
But I thought we just hoofed it under Hughton... Arguably the best goal I've ever seen us score.

Don't drag this down. We played some wonderful football under Chris. Had some amazing times and games especially after Hyypia's turgid football. Doesn't detract from the way it finished.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Watching that goal, from behind the goal, was something I will never forget

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here