Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Izquierdo at the end of the game

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I'd like to see him on the right and get in behind the fullback rather than just cutting inside

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He should have replaced March or Knocky with 30 mins to go imo. 2 mins was just a time wasting tactic. We don’t play to his strengths and I understand why he might be a bit pissed, as both our wingers had very average games going forward. Shame our wingers are defenders first and attackers second.

Spot on. Though for our shape they do need to defend first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I thought Solly was crap today and just couldn’t understand why Izq. wasn’t sent on a lot earlier.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
There's no doubt that the guy has talent and can definitely cause defenders some serious headaches, but he seems a bit needy and precious.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Didn't look good as he did not celebrate with the rest and went straight down the tunnel at end of the game. I think we need to give him more game time, there are goals there...

Sorry, but what do you base that on?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
He should have replaced March or Knocky with 30 mins to go imo. 2 mins was just a time wasting tactic. We don’t play to his strengths and I understand why he might be a bit pissed, as both our wingers had very average games going forward. Shame our wingers are defenders first and attackers second.

What are his strengths? I'm struggling to see them, gets the ball, cuts inside, what else does he do?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Sorry, but what do you base that on?
Which bit...
He was straight down the tunnel and did not join the celebrations this is a fact

There are goals in him - possibly open to some doubt but I think he will come good if he gets game time.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
What are his strengths? I'm struggling to see them, gets the ball, cuts inside, what else does he do?

Makes things happen. And we don’t have many players that can do that.

Solly’s game fell apart in the last 20 minutes. Not sure if it was nerves or tiredness but he was fortunate Watford didn’t exploit his wastefulness with the ball.

If I was Izquierdo watching that, I’d be hacked off not to get on earlier.

Anyway, who wants a player that’s all smiles when they’re not involved. That would be more of an indictment of their character than being fed up. Seems like some have rose-tinted specs for local boy Solly and/or a hang up about Jose’s price tag. He’s always done pretty well from what I’ve seen.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8252637 said:
I thought you claimed to understand football? Solly March is superior to Jose in every department apart from raw pace and if we'd paid £10m+ for him you'd be singing a different tune about Solly.

March didn’t have a great game yesterday. He lost the ball too easily too often when pressurised. Indecisive and unwilling to run at players for the most part imo, so have to agree with BG on that. Unnecessary snide remark directed at BG there. March put in a couple of very decent crosses but not looking up before crossing meant he was sometimes passing into the box when no one was there which was bloody infuriating though. He has loads of skill and pace but is not currently using it that well.

As for Izquierdo, did you not see the game against Stoke, the one game that we have played to Jose’s strengths? He fecking terrorised the Stoke defence when balls were played over them with Izquierdo running at pace.

March helps the full back out better at the moment, that is the only thing he is better at, but they are both wingers and for my money José is more effective, most of the time, at running at defenders,again imo. Anyway I think CH should have brought Izquierdo on to run at a tiring defence but we came away with three points, so what do I know.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Didn't acknowledge the fans when he warmed up during the game I can understand he wants to play and must be frustrated but don't be a knob to the kids.

Stumpy Tim

March was poor yesterday, and despite what a few have said certainly did NOT "put in a shift". He repeatedly slowly jogged back when he lost the ball... compare his defensive work to Knockaert's and there's only one winner. IzzyQ deserves more game time ahead of Solly

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
There was me thinking that the one thing Match was struggling to do yesterday, unusually, was to put in crosses.

Solly was hot and cold yesterday. Half the time his decision making was very poor, and half the time he was very good. He created that very good opportunity for hemed and won the corner that dunk should’ve scored from.

I’m happy with that, he can improve his decision making and he will be a very very good winger.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
On a positive note, was great to see Sam Baldock joining in the goal celebrations by the touchline as enthusiastically as if he'd scored the goal himself.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
On a positive note, was great to see Sam Baldock joining in the goal celebrations by the touchline as enthusiastically as if he'd scored the goal himself.

Just a shame he tweaked his hamstring in the process...

...we kid because we love.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here