Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ivan Toney: clever or cheating?

Ivan Toney moving the ball is...

• Clever

Votes: 49 18.6%
  • Cheating

Votes: 215 81.4%

• Total voters

phoenix

May 18, 2009
It’s clever gamesmanship. One of those if one of your team do it it’s cool. One of theirs and they’re an instant cheating shithouse.

Suspect a law change to enable VAR to look for such offences as a reason to not award future similar goals. Resulting in yellow card (unsportsmanlike conduct) and a retaken free kick.
Perhaps give a free kick to the opposing team. That should nip it in the bud once and for all.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Its
I don’t see anything wrong with it. Is it against the laws of the game ? Regardless, not his fault the defender jumps out of the way. Toney is a brilliant player and showed it in that game.
It's against the laws of the game. He should have been booked and the kick retaken or, even better, a free kick awarded to Forest

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm not an expert on the laws of the game, but I strongly suspect that, as a player, you are not allowed to take the referees foam and draw your own line.
Moving the ball a bit seems fine to me, but moving the foam doesn't, that seems like cheating.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I voted clever.

I now see that he cheated and the dimbot referee let him get away with it, because the referee was too busy poncing about, like the little Lord Fauntleroy tin-pot self-absorbed nobber that he is.

So I'm now voting, er, clever.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We already know he's a cheat. He bought a VERY cheap penalty up there against us last season after blatantly backing into one of our defenders from a corner, then throwing his legs up and collapsing to the deck having not even been challenged.

Tonight, he's clearly backed himself to score.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I wonder what the guys in the VAR booth made of that. I'm also surprised that none of the 4 Forest boys in the wall stopped it happening, especially as Yates knew exactly what Toney was going to do.

Toney is a born cheat so will inevitably end up at Chelsea.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Cleaver and cheating is the correct answer he has history of cheating but has clearly learned to be a bit cleverer during his time out

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
Cheating. But he probably had a bet riding on himself scoring, so quelle surprise.

Don't much like him to be honest. He's played the victim card over the past year because of his justified ban and the hero's welcome he's recevied upon his return by Brentford (Understandable to some extent) and the media (vomit inducing sychophancy) is very disappointing. He has made himself look like he barely has two brain cells to rub togehter with his interviews and has now advertised himself as a blatant cheat on the field as well as off it. I suppose we're supposed to cheer for the chancer when gormless Southgate eventually puts an England shirt on him again.

Not for me.

Last edited:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Anyone know what the actual rules are? It seems like moving the foam is nothing but cheating.

The ref makes a semi circle for the ball which suggests to me that that is exactly where the ball should be put. However I wouldn't be surprised if you were allowed to move the ball outside of the semi circle just so long as some of the ball was over it in line with all other versions of whether a ball is in or out of play.

If that is correct then originally putting it the ball on one side of the semi circle and then moving it to the other once the wall has been lined up is fine and quite clever. Moving the ball past the foam so that none of it is over the foam is cheating but worth a try. Moving the foam is blatant cheating and worthy of a yellow.

That all said, Forest should have dealt with it. The wall could see him move it and should react correspondingly. They're professionals, not a U-10 team, they should all know how to set a wall up and that if the ball is moved two foot to the side they're leaving a huge gap.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here