Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ivan Ilić

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Who imagined a few short years ago we'd even be mentioned in the same breath as these teams. I'm going for NO CHANCE though

Besides the likes of Brighton and Napoli, clubs such as Atalanta, Atletico Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Lazio and Sevilla are all said to be keen on him as well.

As an aside why is the music in these highlight videos always so shite? This one is a bit Pinky and Perky

For a small fee I could provide a much more appropriate sound track :cheers:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
tenuous link but he's a top player and I'm bored so wanted a new rumour to occupy my time

http://sportwitness.co.uk/brighton-summer-tussle-sign-midfielder-club-looking-e25m-transfer/

Area Napoli today features a story saying the 21-year-old has been drawing interest from several European sides, even though none of them have made a real move for the transfer yet.

Besides the likes of Brighton and Napoli, clubs such as Atalanta, Atletico Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Lazio and Sevilla are all said to be keen on him as well.

Knowing of the fight for his services, Hellas Verona already set a price for his sale.

They want a €25m transfer fee.

https://youtu.be/_bv6H2VoAE0

His goal-scoring record is on-brand.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Holding out hope for this one given Moder’s injury. Would be an excellent signing. Please!

For me Gross is good this year but not sure how long he’ll last starting regularly. At least any loss of pace will affect his game less than most. Lallana seemed to drift way back in the pecking order second half of last season and could be more a mentor and bit part player. So one more added to the unit would be nice. He fits the type of midfielder we seem to like too.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
We’ve obviously been linked with this guy before and it would make sense in terms of our admired succession planning to get another midfielder in, in case we can’t refuse a big offer for Caicedo or AliMac. (Hopefully not until the summer).
Mwepu’s retirement has opened a gap too.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
We’ve obviously been linked with this guy before and it would make sense in terms of our admired succession planning to get another midfielder in, in case we can’t refuse a big offer for Caicedo or AliMac. (Hopefully not until the summer).
Mwepu’s retirement has opened a gap too.
Plus we can't be sure when Jakub Moder will be fit to play again.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Didn't he write 'Deschooling Society' back in the seventies?
LOL! I read that for A-Level Sociology at Boundstone 6th Form (Lancing)

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I hope there is something in this and we can get it done. We are light in that position and it would be a shame to see injuries and suspension derail us.

I know people say we replaced Bissouma with Caecedo but actually they played together last season and throw in the loss of Mwepu and Moder and an extra head does seem required even more so if we sold someone this window.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I hope there is something in this and we can get it done. We are light in that position and it would be a shame to see injuries and suspension derail us.

I know people say we replaced Bissouma with Caecedo but actually they played together last season and throw in the loss of Mwepu and Moder and an extra head does seem required even more so if we sold someone this window.
Agreed.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
We need to get a midfielder in before the summer IMHO..eventually teams will hold us to ransom, especially when we've sold Mac and Moises. Makes a lot of sense this. Left foot a bonus. RDZ will know all about him. Chelsea bid incoming?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here