Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ivan Ilić

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
tenuous link but he's a top player and I'm bored so wanted a new rumour to occupy my time

http://sportwitness.co.uk/brighton-summer-tussle-sign-midfielder-club-looking-e25m-transfer/

Area Napoli today features a story saying the 21-year-old has been drawing interest from several European sides, even though none of them have made a real move for the transfer yet.

Besides the likes of Brighton and Napoli, clubs such as Atalanta, Atletico Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Lazio and Sevilla are all said to be keen on him as well.

Knowing of the fight for his services, Hellas Verona already set a price for his sale.

They want a €25m transfer fee.

https://youtu.be/_bv6H2VoAE0

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Who imagined a few short years ago we'd even be mentioned in the same breath as these teams. I'm going for NO CHANCE though

Besides the likes of Brighton and Napoli, clubs such as Atalanta, Atletico Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Lazio and Sevilla are all said to be keen on him as well.

As an aside why is the music in these highlight videos always so shite? This one is a bit Pinky and Perky

Last edited:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
tenuous link but he's a top player and I'm bored so wanted a new rumour to occupy my time

http://sportwitness.co.uk/brighton-summer-tussle-sign-midfielder-club-looking-e25m-transfer/

Area Napoli today features a story saying the 21-year-old has been drawing interest from several European sides, even though none of them have made a real move for the transfer yet.

Knowing of the fight for his services, Hellas Verona already set a price for his sale.

They want a €25m transfer fee.

https://youtu.be/_bv6H2VoAE0

Weird as saw this story on Italian Sky whilst sitting by the pool having a beer

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
What a lovely left foot this guy has.

However, his contract expires on Jun 30, 2026. Surely we’d have been after him for £6.75m from Citeh last year when Verona purchased him if we wanted the lad?

Non-story?

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...

However, his contract expires on Jun 30, 2026. Surely we’d have been after him for £6.75m from Citeh last year when Verona purchased him if we wanted the lad?

Non-story?

because verona were months ahead in the queue to make his loan deal a permanent one:
https://football-italia.net/official-verona-sign-ilic-from-manchester-city/amp/

we were also a season away from working out how best to replace the inevitable departure of bissouma, which is where we hopefully are now

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I'm just happy to have something about football on here.

Ha! I opened this thread thinking it was going to be about THE Ivan Ilić, the sociologist who wrote 'Deschooling Society' (Although his family name had long been anglicised to 'Illich'). A name I hadn't heard since the 1970s, and I was looking forward to a fascinating discourse about the pro's and con's of formal school-based education. (Illich believed that the repressive nature of the formal school system couldn't be reformed). Instead I find it's another boring transfer rumour thread!

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Ha! I opened this thread thinking it was going to be about THE Ivan Ilić, the sociologist who wrote 'Deschooling Society' (Although his family name had long been anglicised to 'Illich'). A name I hadn't heard since the 1970s, and I was looking forward to a fascinating discourse about the pro's and con's of formal school-based education. (Illich believed that the repressive nature of the formal school system couldn't be reformed). Instead I find it's another boring transfer rumour thread!

I was similarly disappointed, having been expecting to find a thread on the nature of death and suffering. I'd mistakenly thought the title referred to the eponymous protagonist of Tolstoy's novella The Death of Ivan Ilyich.

Either that or a discussion on the ways in which Putin has been influenced by the political philosophy of Ivan Ilyin.

What a let down.

Ps. I'm not even joking. Those genuinely were my first 2 thoughts when I saw the thread title last night :lolol:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

I was similarly disappointed, having been expecting to find a thread on the nature of death and suffering. I'd mistakenly thought the title referred to the eponymous protagonist of Tolstoy's novella The Death of Ivan Ilyich.

Either that or a discussion on the ways in which Putin has been influenced by the political philosophy of Ivan Ilyin.

What a let down.

Ps. I'm not even joking. Those genuinely were my first 2 thoughts when I saw the thread title last night :lolol:

And there was I wondering if he could play left back….. to echo another past hero.

Russconha

Jul 8, 2012
Littlehampton

One man's rose is another man's thorn. Maybe we should get your fella in to look after our young prospects out on loan.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Non-story?
Citeh wouldn't sell to a rival? :wink: :)

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
My mates Romeo and Juliet reckon he's shitehouse :moo:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
not the most reliable source but an update nonetheless

[tweet]1541355206834782208[/tweet]

If we are playing a 3 in the middle. Caicedo could get Biss’ central role with Ilic on the left and Mwepu on his right. That could work very well I think.

However, we’d still have Groß, Mac, Lallana, Alzate, Moder (next year), Kozlowski and Richards available so a defensive midfielder is not really that necessary but there could be an advantage in playing a left footer in that area of the pitch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here