Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ITV FA Cup highlights

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The corner that came after the overhead kick that resulted in the 3rd goal was debatable imo, you normally get a free kick from an overhead kick if the defender, Bridge in this case, gets a kick on the shoulder.

Not vaguely surprised that all the after game chat was about Arsenal, it's to be expected from TV pundits.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
So let me get this right... you lost at home to an Arsenal team that made 6 changes from last week, so basically the stiffs. Well done great achievement. You lot are something else. When do we play you lot next? we could do with 3 points right now and you lot are always good value for easy points.

He is jealous of us and knows palarse will fu8k it up as usual. How would love his team to play half as good as we did yesterday. Now piss off to the sh1t hole that is BBS

goldstone rocks

Feb 25, 2009
I thought the best way to sum up itv FA cup highlights show was the start when the camera focuses on the anchorman and in the background the only thing visible is ASS from the word association. Classic and shoddy but clever self summing up!

Titus

Come on!
Feb 21, 2010
Up here on the left.
So let me get this right... you lost at home to an Arsenal team that made 6 changes from last week, so basically the stiffs. Well done great achievement. You lot are something else. When do we play you lot next? we could do with 3 points right now and you lot are always good value for easy points.

Anyway, enough about us. How did your lot get on yesterday?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
So summing up the game, it was all Arsenal Apparently, Thanks I.T.V

Exactly , as if these prem players never have any opportunity to be talked about ... a few comments on our players and performance would have been nice eh?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

Piss poor attempt at a wind-up there, Nigel. How did your lot do in the 4th Round eh? No doubt you played Stoke's first 11 off the park a couple of weeks back whilst only fielding your Under 12's... :rolleyes:

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005

Is that you in your avatar? :facepalm::tosser:

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Why do they call it FA Cup Highlights - surely it should be called a 90 minute programme of adverts with a few minutes of football interspersed? (40mins of adds in a 90min prog WTF???)

EddieReader

Aug 15, 2010
Code:
I just want to admire the increasingly fabulous Amex in HD. Read the match report in The Guardian earlier. Described the noise in the ground as thunderous. Don't you just love having a roof and 27,000+ under it?

Agree completely.:facepalm:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Did the commentator say " Kuszczak" made a save on Barnes 1st effort on goal or was I hearing things?!

Awful commentator Peter Dreary, he also used the term "the South Coast" when talking about us. I hate that as much as "North of the border"

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Lazy, one-eyed, typically Premier League-centric bollocks. Let them know. I have.

viewerservices@itv.com

A word on the highlights programme for the FA Cup matches yesterday, particularly with reference to the post-highlight analysis of the Brighton v Arsenal game. Having got through the unpleasant necessity of having to show a highlights package in which both teams featured, the studio team's chat then, quite literally, did not mention Brighton once. A discussion was held on some of the Arsenal players, and all three Arsenal goals were shown again. Never mind that there were, of course, two teams playing - clearly the editor or presenter, perhaps both, thought their duty to the home team had been discharged and they could more quickly get on with talking about Arsenal.

Perhaps next time there's a Championship v Premier League big-boys game in the highlights, ITV could give the viewers what they so clearly demand by simply editing out any goals the smaller club may score altogether, focusing instead solely on the top-flight men. That would not only make the programme leaner, but it would better enable the indulgence of the big clubs everybody evidently loves so much, handily avoiding the tedious sporting exigencies which can rather make those TV darlings look bad in the process.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Lazy, one-eyed, typically Premier League-centric bollocks. Let them know. I have.

viewerservices@itv.com

I did too... you can also call them on 0844 881 4150

Also had a dig at them over their selection of live games (Stoke v Man City?!). It's a shame the rest of the nation didn't really get to see how good we were yesterday.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Does it matter what the armchair supporters think of BHA the ones that matter are the supporters and the club itself. Gus seemed happy Arsene was impressed most fans enjoyed the game and we werent disgraced so a good day.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Does it matter what the armchair supporters think of BHA the ones that matter are the supporters and the club itself. Gus seemed happy Arsene was impressed most fans enjoyed the game and we werent disgraced so a good day.

It seems to matter to people on NSC - there used to be an almost weekly thread with people foaming at the mouth about what Steve Claridge did or didn't say. :facepalm:

slartibartfast

Sep 11, 2004
Henfield

viewerservices@itv.com

A word on the highlights programme for the FA Cup matches yesterday, particularly with reference to the post-highlight analysis of the Brighton v Arsenal game. Having got through the unpleasant necessity of having to show a highlights package in which both teams featured, the studio team's chat then, quite literally, did not mention Brighton once. A discussion was held on some of the Arsenal players, and all three Arsenal goals were shown again. Never mind that there were, of course, two teams playing - clearly the editor or presenter, perhaps both, thought their duty to the home team had been discharged and they could more quickly get on with talking about Arsenal.

Perhaps next time there's a Championship v Premier League big-boys game in the highlights, ITV could give the viewers what they so clearly demand by simply editing out any goals the smaller club may score altogether, focusing instead solely on the top-flight men. That would not only make the programme leaner, but it would better enable the indulgence of the big clubs everybody evidently loves so much, handily avoiding the tedious sporting exigencies which can rather make those TV darlings look bad in the process.

Excellent!

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
Anyway, enough about us. How did your lot get on yesterday?

They wouldn't know because they got beaten 3-0 (maybe wrong, but it was a decent margin) to Stoke reserves in the last round :lolol:

Correction, it was 4-1

Last edited:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Just watched our highlights - pretty shit there not being one mention of Brighton by the pundits. But then it is all about the top flight and European comps for ITV really, despite all the 'magic of the cup' bollocks. I don't watch too much football on TV, and programmes like that prove I'm not missing much...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here