Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "It's like Graham Potter football with five added espresso shots!"

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Umm... not following really. But yeah sure Rooney is a decent call.

Personally I think it is more likely with someone currently out of a job or already employed by the FA.

Not Andy Naylor is a national newspaper football journalist who's worked for some of the most respected broadsheets and appeared on radio and podcasts. Exactly the sort of person you dismissed as lazy.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Not Andy Naylor is a national newspaper football journalist who's worked for some of the most respected broadsheets and appeared on radio and podcasts. Exactly the sort of person you dismissed as lazy.

I know who he is.

Yup, there's a lot of lazy football journalists that can't bother to find out the rules, the truth or the most logical conclusions.

You said Graham Potter, when in Brighton, was likely to become new England manager because Barry Glendenning and the guys at Talksport "should know stuff" and they may do, but that doesn't mean they're immune to being lazy word shitters from time to time.

If you look at it from a logical perspective, the FA won't go in and hijack a manager from one of their member clubs.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No, no... not at all - you seem to be very good at this "appoint a decent leader" thing...

More seriously speaking, I think Rooney did a great job for Derby but appointing a manager who was a teammate of several those still playing for the national team is a bit wonky.

I know, I was larking about. I largely agree with you. Even if I do struggle a bit with the idea that a former amateur boxer (circus prizefighter) who left school with no qualifications (albeit, did he need them?) can master the arts of Emotional Intelligence, and all the other soft skills and fluffery apparently needed in the Top Manger portfolio these days.

:thumbsup:

Nobody seems to mention that the first two goals also came down the middle, not the 90% wing play we got under Potter.
I too am worried about defence . Velts and Dunky not getting any younger. We might need Lamptey back to his speedy best for the breakaways once teams suss out our new style of play.
One other comment / question. 7 matches in and no goals from a striker yet.. Welbs has been doing well but often seems ( last three games at least) to not be the furthest man forward with both Trossard and AliMac further forward. Just curious how this might play out if the situation continues. Maybe we don't tamper for Spurs game but give the new lads a run out against Brentford?
Finally I would like to see Mitoma on from the start and rest Gross to the bench..

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Will Gross be the same player if the system changes ? I thought we had sussed his best position now. Will his goals dry up ?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
In what way?

It comes down to

a) The England job is bigger, with better potential rewards than ours
b) There are always ways round contractual agreements, particularly when there are going to be four and a half years between World Cups and
c) Since it won't be Potter the next England manager probably won't be very good.

Which bits do you disagree with?

Isn't it 3 and half years to the next world cup?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

And some of the least-respected tabloids, to be fair ...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here