Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's going to be Hughton isn't it...

paul & shark

Sep 17, 2013
theres no stand out candidate

whoch means roughle a 3rd will be unhappy, a 3rd will be pleased, and the other 3rd will be hopeful but indifferent

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Pulis would only see it as a stop gap. Sherwood would be off to the first big club that came along. In all fairness Hughton is about as steady a hand as we could hope for at the moment. He will get us organised and scrape together enough points to keep us safe. Probably the safest option we could make under the current circumstances. Now is no time for taking a chance, that time past two months ago. This is all about survival, nothing else and with that is mind Hughton probably is the number 1 candidate behind Pulis(who was never going to take it, if we are being honest). Far happier with Hughton, than I would have been with a massive gamble like Robinson.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Hughton will not put bums on seats, he plays boring football.

This is a huge issue.

His brand of football can be addressed in the summer. There will be a lot less bums on seats in division 1, than there will be in the championship. Attractive football is now very much second fiddle to results now.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Pulis would only see it as a stop gap. Sherwood would be off to the first big club that came along. In all fairness Hughton is about as steady a hand as we could hope for at the moment. He will get us organised and scrape together enough points to keep us safe. Probably the safest option we could make under the current circumstances. Now is no time for taking a chance, that time past two months ago. This is all about survival, nothing else and with that is mind Hughton probably is the number 1 candidate behind Pulis(who was never going to take it, if we are being honest). Far happier with Hughton, than I would have been with a massive gamble like Robinson.

Spot on Kev, there is no time to worry about 'lack of passion' or 'boring football' the clubs number one priority has to be avoiding relegation and Hughton has experience and tactical nous and is about the best manager we're going to attract in our current predicament.

I really do not believe Hughton is nailed on here. If anything, he is considerably more likely to take the West Brom job than Pulis, given the set up they have there. Even if Pardew goes to Palace, I would again have serious reservations Pulis would then move to Newcastle to work for a certain Mr Ashley.

I honestly think the statement of intent from Bloom was the sacking of the DOF to pave the way for Pulis to take over.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
His brand of football can be addressed in the summer. There will be a lot less bums on seats in division 1, than there will be in the championship. Attractive football is now very much second fiddle to results now.

His teams are always dull, you cant address that....

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Dont get the hate for Hughton, in his 2 jobs in the Championship he won it and got in the play offs, under massive pressure at Newcastle and no money and terrible working environment at Birmingham.

Seems the perfect background for a Championship club that wants to be in the Premiership

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
I really do not believe Hughton is nailed on here. If anything, he is considerably more likely to take the West Brom job than Pulis, given the set up they have there. Even if Pardew goes to Palace, I would again have serious reservations Pulis would then move to Newcastle to work for a certain Mr Ashley.

I honestly think the statement of intent from Bloom was the sacking of the DOF to pave the way for Pulis to take over.

You see i'm thinking the same but think it's Sherwood, witch i would be delighted at.Spur's was his way into management,the Albion has got to be seen as the top job outside the premiership, best ground,best facilities and a chairman who learned a valuable lesson in player recruitment.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Dont get the hate for Hughton, in his 2 jobs in the Championship he won it and got in the play offs, under massive pressure at Newcastle and no money and terrible working environment at Birmingham.

Seems the perfect background for a Championship club that wants to be in the Premiership

Hyypia could of got that Newcastle team promoted.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

Your a bit of a Spurs fan on the quiet though are you not.... a slight bias towards Hughton there i think ;-)

I dont dislike Hughton at all, he is just Dull and plays dull football.

We need a lift around the place, and he wont provide it in my opinion

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

Then nothing can be signed or we'd know by now and if it's not signed it's not by any means certain. As time goes by I think more that Pulis is not in the frame at all. Hughton may be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here