Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Italy v England

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
England were good tonight. A lot of young quality in this team especially going forward. Still so many people couldn't care less about England but there is so much potential there. Carry on playing as we are and have a good Euros and some of the doubters may just sit up and take notice.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
1st half mediocre, 2nd half good. Kane at home in an England shirt, some good bench options. On the downside four or five of the starters aren't international class. Fair result.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Perhaps that's because we then have to play good teams, who are peaking at just the right time. It feels as though sides like Italy rarely peak in qualifying: they seem to do the minimum needed to get themselves to the finals and save their best form for when it really matters.

England on the other hand have tended to get excited about a qualifying campaign in which they beat someone like Luxembourg and Georgia, and then generally flop against the first decent opponents they play in the finals. Unless it's Holland.

It's not even that. A team the standard of Algeria we will BATTER in qualifying, but put us against the very same team in a World Cup group and we seem terrified, suddenly.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
1st half mediocre, 2nd half good. Kane at home in an England shirt, some good bench options. On the downside four or five of the starters aren't international class. Fair result.

It was almost our reserves to be fair - no Sterling, Sturridge or Welbeck.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Whilst he has not done it enough for England when it matters, some of Rooney's play in the game was unquestionably World Class.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Completely agree. There are lots of players to come back though so hopefully the likes of Smalling, Jones & Delph won't be starting...!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Just heard on 5live, , England have four friendlies lined up against Spain, Germany, Holland and France, before the Euros. Could be interesting

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Completely agree. There are lots of players to come back though so hopefully the likes of Smalling, Jones & Delph won't be starting...!

I still think we're a couple of centre backs and a defensive midfielder short of being a potentially very good side.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
2nd half looked promising for England.

When was the last time we looked so fluid?

Was it this? This being the U-21's two days ago making the Germans chase shadows for a full two minutes while England put together a 30+ 11 man move that resulted in Ward-Prowse scoring the winning goal of the game?

Edit:tried to embed a video from the F.A's facebook page showing said goal. Unlike th England U-21's, I failed miserably.

Last edited:

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Was it this? This being the U-21's two days ago making the Germans chase shadows for a full two minutes while England put together a 30+ 11 man move that resulted in Ward-Prowse scoring the winning goal of the game?

Good point but no need to make us all reach for our ENIGMA machines with the remaining 11 lines of text. My particular machine, retrieved from U385, translated it to:

'Der Palast sind Stuhlgang mein Führer, ich will ihr Manager zu unserer ersetzen'

which roughly translates as

'The Palace are turd my Fuhrer, I want their manager to replace ours'

what are they planning I wonder?

TNBA

TTF

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Whilst he has not done it enough for England when it matters, some of Rooney's play in the game was unquestionably World Class.

:lolol: I love you Mellotron

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here