Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] “It was deafening at times”

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
And you just went up to him and said what?

My son knows his son so I'm on nodding terms with him so yes I did have a chat with him. If I'd have known you'd be such a dick about it I'd have made sure I took a transcript of the conversation.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
My son knows his son so I'm on nodding terms with him
Ah, (as they say in W1A) cool.

If I'd have known you'd be such a dick about it
Sorry you felt that way, wasn't my intention. I don't like to hassle our players when off duty and particularly if they're out with their family, so genuinely wondered what you said that got him chatting about the atmosphere. No offence meant.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Ah, (as they say in W1A) cool.

Sorry you felt that way, wasn't my intention. I don't like to hassle our players when off duty and particularly if they're out with their family, so genuinely wondered what you said that got him chatting about the atmosphere. No offence meant.

Thanks for that and sorry to call you a dick.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I thought it was excellent on Sunday

But for the definitive answer, I think we have to wait until Ppf tells us what he thought of it from Newhaven ???

The Fish

Exiled Geordie
Jan 5, 2017
I may be wrong but I think the away bit has been shifted ..something to do with new premiership rules?

Afraid not, we've got dispensation, the logistics of segregating the lower tier is such that shifting away fans pitchside isn't currently feasible.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Oh yes it was , why would Iie ? It's had a great atmosphere recently certainly better than chelseas , but until.recently it didn't , it was very quiet , I'm sorry but that's the truth.
I can't understand what the bloody hell Chelsea has to do with anything?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Oh yes it was , why would Iie ? It's had a great atmosphere recently certainly better than chelseas , but until.recently it didn't , it was very quiet , I'm sorry but that's the truth.

I know you’ve pushed this argument in years gone by, and even then there were others that argued against you. It’s true there have been quieter atmospheres during some games, but I would say they are fewer in number. It’s also true that we’ve raised our game a bit, but we’ve never been silent - Home or Away.

Either way, long may it continue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I know you’ve pushed this argument in years gone by, and even then there were others that argued against you. It’s true there have been quieter atmospheres during some games, but I would say they are fewer in number. It’s also true that we’ve raised our game a bit, but we’ve never been silent - Home or Away.

Either way, long may it continue.

then we have totally different opinions on what constitutes a noisy atmosphere .

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
This was when I think 'we' (all 19,000 of us) took ownership of the AMEX.

My haven't times changed.

Imagine if CMS had taken that chance in the last min !!

Forgot how basic the stadium was looking at that.

Atmosphere been quality this season. As mentioned , rarely seen or heard better in the last few years in England.

PPF and others moan and reflect from their bedrooms but it is actually very very good. Also its been very good since we moved really.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Or you need a hearing test? [emoji3]

I was in the west upper for the first ever game against palace at the AMEX , for a game like that the atmosphere was embarrassing.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
I think the atmosphere at the Amex has got a huge boost just from the fact that we know we are going to have to punch above our weight to stay in this league, so every single game, every single point, is just massive. There’s a real “backs to the wall” feeling about this season, we’re literally WILLING that team across the line when we’ve been hanging on for the points in those last two games. It leads to a truly febrile atmosphere in the stadium. The final whistle against WBA and even moreso Newcastle was greeted with a roar that was almost like a goal.

I’m not surprised others are noticing what a cauldron of noise the Amex has become. We haven't yet hit the Sheffield Wednesday levels of noise yet though (frankly, I'm not sure if we ever will, that was just ridiculous).

You mean we are on the same sheet of Massive in terms of volume. What an acolyte.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
then we have totally different opinions on what constitutes a noisy atmosphere .

Yea because the bridge is a good measure of that :facepalm:

I've travelled home and away for many years and since we moved its one of the better atmospheres and that's an unbiased outlook. This is helped of course by just how poor a lot of other grounds are nowadays.

This season the WU have raised their game and the North finally seems to have sorted itself out, producing what must be one of the best around, certainly in this country. If these two pockets of noise are loud enough, it has and will spread to the rest of the ground and when it does, as the title suggests, it's deafening.

We still suffer from some silent spells, particularly either side of HT, but I'd rather that than some tit smashing on a drum and calling that constant noise.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Yea because the bridge is a good measure of that :facepalm:

I've travelled home and away for many years and since we moved its one of the better atmospheres and that's an unbiased outlook. This is helped of course by just how poor a lot of other grounds are nowadays.

This season the WU have raised their game and the North finally seems to have sorted itself out, producing what must be one of the best around, certainly in this country. If these two pockets of noise are loud enough, it has and will spread to the rest of the ground and when it does, as the title suggests, it's deafening.

We still suffer from some silent spells, particularly either side of HT, but I'd rather that than some tit smashing on a drum and calling that constant noise.

This is the key, past seasons, there'd be 2 or 3 songs going in the North, and few would back down and join the loudest. This season, almost like an unspoken agreement, the whole stand seems to adopt one song, so much easier for the rest of the ground to join in when they can hear and understand what is being sung. Brilliant atmosphere in there, all 3 league games this season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here