Islamist attack in Grenoble

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Tunisian state television has raised the death toll from the beach attack in Sousse to 28 dead and 36 wounded

The Irish Times is reporting that an unnamed Irish woman in her 50s, who was on holiday with her husband, is among the dead in Tunisia. No nationalities of other victims have been revealed so far.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
IS wouldn't exist if we didn't invade Iraq.

Groups like ISIS have been around for a very long time, long before the Iraq invasion.

ISIS formed back in 1999 under the name; 'Jama'at al-Tawhid wal-Jihad', and eventually re-branded themselves as IS/ISIS.

With or without the Iraq invasion, there would have always been Islamic Extremists in the Middle-East.

You could argue that ISIS currently have more power and control now because of the Iraq invasion, but not that they wouldn't exist.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
British, German and Belgian nationals are among the dead in Tunisia, the health ministry has said (via Reuters).

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
at least when I were a lad, the IRA nicely gave you warning before a terrorist attack

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
at least when I were a lad, the IRA nicely gave you warning before a terrorist attack
They like to foster that myth, just think of enniskillen,birmingham,guildford,canary wharf , warrington , baltic exchange ,omagh , the warnings were vague at best or confusing deliberately, what about Brighton , no warning there and no concern for innocent members of staff either.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Because this murder in France is an attack, along with many others, on our way of life, on our freedom. Every day murders, such as the bloke found not guilty yesterday due to being insane, don't threaten our very beliefs. The Muslim community seem incapable ( or unwilling ) to deal with the nutters in their community. You only need to see the family members complaining in the press that somehow it was MI6's fault that their deluded murderous relatives weren't stopped from getting to IS. They don't seem to get or care that the first responsibility lies with THEM to stop these maniacs. Until they do they are likely to all get tarred with the same brush. When was the last time you saw an attack in Europe by the Jews, Buddhists, Sikhs etc etc - nope, ALWAYS Muslim.

No. The attack in France was an attack on some people, by some other people. Two of them died. My freedom was not threatened by that incident and I don't believe you really think that yours was.
Tunisia...well, that may be a different kettle of fish.

Lots of Muslims in the German army in the 40's, were there? Or the Russian army trying to Annex Ukraine?
Well, it rather depends upon your definition of a terrorist attack, doesn't it?
Lockerbie. The Grand. Dunblane. The London Riots. Many, many, many, French riots. Putin flying bombers at the UK and Scandinavia. Chechnya. Crimea.

Why are we limiting it to Europe, anyway?
Throw in thousands of US atrocities (Mostly under Reagan). Slavery. Colonialism. North Korea. Hundreds of Russian incidents. Drones. The Iraq War. South African apartheid. A hundred and one African genocides. The drugs trade in Mexico & Colombia. The people of Diego Garcia who were exiled from their country. China's Human Rights record. Eastern European Sex Trafficking. Race crime in (but, obviously, not limited to) the States. Homosexuality punishable by prison/death. Stonings. Gaza? Israel's "actions to protect itself".

There's plenty around the world that fanatics are responsible for. And there's plenty of freedoms that are denied by (yes), Jews, Sikhs, Christians and the non-religious also. Can't say I know much about Buddhists. I imagine they're pretty peaceful folk.

RIP to those who did not deserve such an end.

Last edited:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
No. The attack in France was an attack on some people, by some other people. Two of them died. My freedom was not threatened by that incident and I don't believe you really think that yours was..

France...the second nearest country to the UK, whom we have a tunnel linking to and only 20 miles away at the nearest point has raised its security alert to the very highest level after this attack.

http://news.yahoo.com/latest-attack-french-gas-factory-1-decapitated-093628959.html

And in the wake of this and the Tunisian attack the COBRA board are meeting in London. It's got a LOT to do with your freedom, my relativist friend.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
They like to foster that myth, just think of enniskillen,birmingham,guildford,canary wharf , warrington , baltic exchange ,omagh , the warnings were vague at best or confusing deliberately, what about Brighton , no warning there and no concern for innocent members of staff either.

Now that we do agree on.
They would sometimes give vague warnings through The Good Samaritans but just as often , no warning at all.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
No. The attack in France was an attack on some people, by some other people. Two of them died. My freedom was not threatened by that incident and I don't believe you really think that yours was.
Tunisia...well, that may be a different kettle of fish.

Lots of Muslims in the German army in the 40's, were there? Or the Russian army trying to Annex Ukraine?
Well, it rather depends upon your definition of a terrorist attack, doesn't it?
Lockerbie. The Grand. Dunblane. The London Riots. Many, many, many, French riots. Putin flying bombers at the UK and Scandinavia. Chechnya. Crimea.

Why are we limiting it to Europe, anyway?
Throw in thousands of US atrocities (Mostly under Reagan). Slavery. Colonialism. North Korea. Hundreds of Russian incidents. Drones. The Iraq War. South African apartheid. A hundred and one African genocides. The drugs trade in Mexico & Colombia. The people of Diego Garcia who were exiled from their country. China's Human Rights record. Eastern European Sex Trafficking. Race crime in (but, obviously, not limited to) the States. Homosexuality punishable by prison/death. Stonings. Gaza? Israel's "actions to protect itself".

There's plenty around the world that fanatics are responsible for. And there's plenty of freedoms that are denied by (yes), Jews, Sikhs, Christians and the non-religious also. Can't say I know much about Buddhists. I imagine they're pretty peaceful folk.

RIP to those who did not deserve such an end.

Well done on posting the most off point post of 2015 !!!

If you really don't see that attacks, like this French one, are attack on how we in the West live and our freedoms then quite clearly you're blind. Maybe you'd like to pop over to IS held territory and really see how freedom works ?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Well done on posting the most off point post of 2015 !!!

If you really don't see that attacks, like this French one, are attack on how we in the West live and our freedoms then quite clearly you're blind. Maybe you'd like to pop over to IS held territory and really see how freedom works ?

Would I like to take a vacation to Syria? No. I think I'll give that a miss cheers.
Sorry if you consider my post to be off point because it doesn't match your world view.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
France...the second nearest country to the UK, whom we have a tunnel linking to and only 20 miles away at the nearest point has raised its security alert to the very highest level after this attack.

http://news.yahoo.com/latest-attack-french-gas-factory-1-decapitated-093628959.html

And in the wake of this and the Tunisian attack the COBRA board are meeting in London. It's got a LOT to do with your freedom, my relativist friend.

Of course they're meeting: there was an attack on tourists (probably including Brits) abroad. In a place people wouldn't necessarily expect.
I'm not denying that the murder is bad. Just stating I don't see it as an attack on me or the way I choose to live my life. Not in the way that, say, the Hebdot incident would be if I was a provocative cartoonist or a provocative cartoonist-enjoyer.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I'm not denying that the murder is bad. Just stating I don't see it as an attack on me or the way I choose to live my life. Not in the way that, say, the Hebdot incident would be if I was a provocative cartoonist or a provocative cartoonist-enjoyer.

ISIS want the entire world to obey the strictest of Muslim teachings.
They will kill anybody and everybody who refuses.

ISIS are carrying out these threats in our own country and our close neighbours.

This is an attack on our way of life - and they have stated that this is the case.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
"Islamic State (IS) militants have killed more than 120 civilians since launching a fresh attack on the Syrian border town of Kobane, activists say.

IS "fired at everything that moved" after entering on Thursday, said the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights.

A separate IS attack on the north-eastern city of Hassakeh has displaced 60,000 people, the UN says."

Religion of peace again :thumbsup:

"According to medical sources and Kobane residents, 120 civilians were executed by IS in their homes or killed by the group's rockets or snipers," said Rami Abdel Rahman, who heads the UK-based Observatory.

He said women and children were among the bodies found inside houses and on the streets of the town, which is close to the border with Turkey."

_83858811_raqqa_624_v3.png

More killings:

Islamic State claim responsibility for deadly blast at Kuwait City mosque

Abdullah al-Saffar, who was at the mosque, said the explosion took place just after midday Friday prayers, which are typically the most crowded of the week. Attendance also increases during the holy Muslim month of Ramadan, which started last week.

f8e9cdc5-1adb-42b2-a0c5-3d58e045d269-620x372.jpeg

Have you stopped for two seconds to consider the religion of the VICTIMS, of these atrocities?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
ISIS want the entire world to obey the strictest of Muslim teachings.
They will kill anybody and everybody who refuses.

ISIS are carrying out these threats in our own country and our close neighbours.

This is an attack on our way of life - and they have stated that this is the case.

Yeah, that's what they want. It's a similar cause to what the IRA wanted too. And the Nazi's. And Russia.
But, really, what freedom has been denied to anyone on here because of the actions of one looney killing his boss?

The London bombing was an indiscriminate attack on this country. The attack in Grenoble wasn't.

You don't have to agree with me, of course. Just having my views.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports