Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Islamist attack in Grenoble

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Of course they're meeting: there was an attack on tourists (probably including Brits) abroad. In a place people wouldn't necessarily expect.
I'm not denying that the murder is bad. Just stating I don't see it as an attack on me or the way I choose to live my life. Not in the way that, say, the Hebdot incident would be if I was a provocative cartoonist or a provocative cartoonist-enjoyer.
But if security restrictions are put in place because of this then all our freedoms are affected regardless of your opinions.

I'm puzzled by your comments though. On one hand you claim that we should worry about all deaths regardless of their cause and then you seem unfazed with yet another terrorist attack in our nearest neighbour's country and the usual suspects from the right (Tommy Robinson) and those from the left (Anjem Choudhary) already shit-stirring in this country about the murder.

Edit - COBRA will undoubtedly discuss the French attack and the chances of it happening here and how to prevent it. If you want to travel to/from Europe then you will be affected. And now if you're a Muslim in Britain then things just got a tiny bit scarier for you because of the French attack. So yes, it will undoubtedly have consequences here.

Last edited:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Because this murder in France is an attack, along with many others, on our way of life, on our freedom. Every day murders, such as the bloke found not guilty yesterday due to being insane, don't threaten our very beliefs. The Muslim community seem incapable ( or unwilling ) to deal with the nutters in their community. You only need to see the family members complaining in the press that somehow it was MI6's fault that their deluded murderous relatives weren't stopped from getting to IS. They don't seem to get or care that the first responsibility lies with THEM to stop these maniacs. Until they do they are likely to all get tarred with the same brush. When was the last time you saw an attack in Europe by the Jews, Buddhists, Sikhs etc etc - nope, ALWAYS Muslim.

Good post.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Have you stopped for two seconds to consider the religion of the VICTIMS, of these atrocities?

Go on then, i'll respond.
I think i have stated many many times, that apart from killing Christians in many countries, the Muslims are killing their own in countries that have populations of over 90% Muslim, like Somalia, Yemen etc etc, so they have no qualms about killing members of their own ideology. After years of killing each other from the same ideology, long before the West got involved, is it any wonder or surprise that the " VICTIMS, of these atrocities" were from the same "faith" as the killers.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
That argument only works until you try to explain that everyone is an IS target, not just Westerners. What they are doing in Iraq and Syria etc. Sex trafficking, killing innocent men, women and children cannot be blamed on the West. It’s Islam gone bonkers and they don’t need an excuse.

France tried to prevent the Bush & Blair war so there shouldn't even be an issue with them, yet they have been targeted.

I must have got my wires crossed, that is the third post of yours on this thread (and i have not trawled through every page) that i have agreed with in it's entirety, i'm sure we don't normally agree......

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Groups like ISIS have been around for a very long time, long before the Iraq invasion.

ISIS formed back in 1999 under the name; 'Jama'at al-Tawhid wal-Jihad', and eventually re-branded themselves as IS/ISIS.

With or without the Iraq invasion, there would have always been Islamic Extremists in the Middle-East.

You could argue that ISIS currently have more power and control now because of the Iraq invasion, but not that they wouldn't exist.

There has always been some sort of terrorism in the world but the Bush Blair war is directly responsible for the explosion in extremist’s ideology we see today.

The toppling of Saddam and post Saddam was mishandled with incompetence, double standards and crimes against humanity.

Informative documentary here; Searching For Steel

Donald Rumsfeld is interesting at 32:50

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I agree.

I live with a Muslim, should I call the police?

ISIS and other extremists are the problem, what's it got to do with the other 99% of Muslims in the world?
That old chestnut again...These were peaceful Muslims before they joined Isis yeah?
All those Brits that bolted off and back were peaceful Brits who wouldn't harm a fly right???

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That old chestnut again...These were peaceful Muslims before they joined Isis yeah?
So are all the Irish bad, because some of them were bombing us?

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Groups like ISIS have been around for a very long time, long before the Iraq invasion.

ISIS formed back in 1999 under the name; 'Jama'at al-Tawhid wal-Jihad', and eventually re-branded themselves as IS/ISIS.

With or without the Iraq invasion, there would have always been Islamic Extremists in the Middle-East.

You could argue that ISIS currently have more power and control now because of the Iraq invasion, but not that they wouldn't exist.

I have written about Jama'at al-Tawhid wal-Jihad. They had no power or authority before 2004 when the declared themselves to be al-Qaeda in Iraq - fighting against the US/UK invasion after the fall of Saddam.

There was very very little Islamic Extremism in Iraq (and Syria) before we invaded. We facilitated the creation of al-Qaeda in Iraq, who only became ISIS as we toppled the leader for them and gave them weapons (indirectly).

My point still stands - Islamic State would not exist if we didn't invade Iraq, but extremism would.

Last edited:

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
I don't think anyone can say that with any certainty. One way or the other to be fair.

He does.

image1.JPG

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Tunisia attack: 37 dead, 36 wounded – health ministry

Tunisia’s health ministry has confirmed to the Guardian the revised number of dead and wounded

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We helped to create them too - by creating an artificial country (Nigeria) and enabling Islamic extremism has risen because of our foreign policy.

What has Britain done in Tunisia or Kuwait? 25 dead in a Shia mosque attack.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-33287136

37 dead on a Tunisian beach.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-33287978

This is an evil regime hell bent on causing death & destruction on their own kind as well as 'infidels'.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It's just come out, quite short (170 pages) but gives lots of historical narrative.

Man, despite how I may appear on here I love to check well written/ presented opinions and history on these subjects . Ill be ordering that. It all goes in the pot y' know?

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Christianity is a RELIGION OF PEACE I TELL YOU
View attachment 66375

ah, the old Baptist Church Defence. If we need any monumentally distorted moral equivalence in an internet debate, someone is always on hand to self flagellate and use a picture of a bizarre family of nutcases to demonstrate our own culture is as dangerous as ISIS.

Why the need for this attempted balance? I am sure everyone is aware of the wicked things done in the name of Christianity, or at least in the name of nation states where it was the dominant religion, which is very different indeed. But at least put up a picture of a Crusader or something. Putting a picture up of the Queensboro mob is like putting up a picture of two drenched converts with a trestle table covered in leaflets in Lewisham High Street to highlight Islamic extremism.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here